Google calendar is a very powerful web-based calendar and task manager. It allows you to view multiple calendars, yours as well as other together; plan meetings, view others’ schedules etc. That is the reason it is very popular among its users.
On the other hand, Facebook is the most popular social networking site on the internet. Almost anybody who is active on the internet has a Facebook account. Facebook has a huge database of our friends’ birthdays. It would be very convenient it one could see all those birthdays in the Google Calendar itself as that would help users to integrate it with their other schedules.
This post shows you how to sync Facebook birthdays with Google Calendar.
- Login to Facebook
- Click on the Events tab on right hand side, below the profile picture.
- From the list, select Birthdays. A list of all the upcoming friends’ birthdays will appear.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the page. Click “Export Birthdays”.
- A dialog box would appear containing a webcal link. Now copy the link, either by selecting it or right-click and “Copy link location”. After copying it, press Close.
- Go to your Google Calendar account.
- On the left-hand-bottom side, under the “Other calendar” section, select Add > ADD BY URL.
- Now a dialog box will appear. In the box, paste the copied address and press “Add Calendar”. Within a few seconds, you will see all the Facebook friend’s birthdays appear in the calendar along with other calendar. You’re done!
Recommended: Add anyone’s profile pic as Smiley in Facebook Chat.
For further tweaking:
- Click “Settings” link, which could be found beside the “Add” shown in step 8. The page that opens will list all the calendars you created or have subscribed to. The calendar named “Contacts’ birthdays and events” is your Facebook calendar for further references. Click it to rename it to something else.