WordPress is perhaps the most popular Content Management System around the globe at present hosting millions of sites. With so much of content being produced each day shortcuts to achieve some mundane tasks can greatly decrease the work load and save some precious time as well.
Below we have discussed some of the Keyboard shortcuts for WordPress that would make browse and moderate your blog.
Activating WordPress Keyboard Shortcuts
Well the very first step would be to enable WordPress to use keyboard shortcuts for comments moderation. To do so navigate to the Profile panel in Administration > Users > Your Profile. Check the Keyboard Shortcuts check box to enable keyboard shortcuts.
Shortcuts for editing posts :
- Alt+SHIFT+b : Bold, you can also use Ctrl + B
- Alt+SHIFT+i : Italics, you can also use Ctrl + I
- Alt+SHIFT+a: Link
- Alt+SHIFT+q : Block quote
- Alt+SHIFT+c : Code
- Alt+SHIFT+t :Read More
- Alt+SHIFT+u : Unordered List (ul)
- Alt+SHIFT+o :Ordered List (ol)
- Alt+SHIFT+l : List Item (li)
- Alt+SHIFT+v : Advanced Editor
- Alt+SHIFT+p : Publish the Post
- Alt+SHIFT+s : insert
- Alt+SHIFT+d : delete
- Alt+SHIFT+w : Unquote/out dent
- Ctrl + Z : Undo
- Ctrl+Y : Redo
- Alt+SHIFT+e : Edit HTML
- Alt+SHIFT+f : Full Screen editing
- Alt+SHIFT+c : Align Center
- Alt+SHIFT+r : Align Right
- Headers: Ctrl+[number] to get various header sizes on highlighted text.
Shortcuts for moderating Comments
- Pressing j moves the current highlighted selection down.
- Pressing k moves the current highlighted selection up.
- Pressing a approves the currently selected comment.
- Pressing s marks the current comment as spam.
- Pressing d moves the comment to the trash (WordPress 2.9) or deletes the current comment.
- Pressing z restores the current comment from the trash or activates the Undo when that row is selected.
- Pressing u unapproved the currently selected comment, placing it back into moderation.
- Pressing r initiates an inline reply to the current comment (you can press Esc to cancel the reply).
- Pressing q activates “Quick Edit” which allows for rapid inline editing of the current comment.
- For doing bulk action on comments
- Pressing Shift-a approves the checked comments.
- Pressing Shift-s marks the checked comments as spam.
- Pressing Shift-d deletes the checked comments.
- Pressing Shift-u unapproved the checked comments.
- Pressing Shift-t moves the checked comments to the Trash.
- Pressing Shift-z restores the checked comments from the Trash.
Do I need to remember these shortcuts:
Well not necessary just in case you need to recall these shortcuts all you need to do is open the Rich text editor help in WordPress (see the screen shots below):