There are chances that you might me facing some issue with GPS in your Xiaomi Mi5. It either takes too long to lock GPS satellites or doesn’t lock at all. You may have tried high accuracy mode by going into GPS settings but it doesn’t work as well. This issue is due to the bug in gps.conf file in your Mi5. This GPS issues on your MI5 can easily be fixed by installing the updated and correct GPS Location Conf file in your device.
GPS has become an important tool in our day to day life. It helps a lot in traveling and can be extremely helpful in guiding people to a certain location. Many games like Pokémon also works on GPS so having a faulty GPS in your device is a big issue. Above all fitness apps like runkeeper, runtastic won’t work without GPS, if you are fitness freak or just a casual jogger it is a big letdown. In this small tutorial, we will show you how to fix GPS location issue on Xiaomi Mi5. You just need to replace the original gps.conf file with the one we will give and it’s done.
You will need access to the system partition so having a rooted device is a must. This method will work only if you have rooted your Mi5. If not, you will first have to root your Xiaomi device and then proceed.
Note: You will be replacing a system file in your Mi5 so do it at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage if occurs. Do take the backup of the original gps.conf before replacing it.
How to fix GPS Issue on Mi5?
- Step 1: This process will need a rooted device. Root your Mi5 if it is not already rooted.
- Step 2: Now, install a file manager that allows you to edit the system partition on your phone. The Solid Explorer app is a great choice to do this. You can also download and install any such app like ES File Explorer with root permissions enabled.
- Step 3: Download gps.conf zip file. You will need to sign up for downloading it. It is completely free to use.
- Step 4: Now, unzip the file which you just downloaded. Once unzipped, you will see a list of many countries.
- Step 5: Now, select the correct version of the gps.conf file as per your country. Copy it and save it in your internal storage.
- Step 6: Open your file manager or the root explorer which you downloaded. Copy the gps.conf file to /system/etc/
- Step 7: Now, replace the original gps.conf file and restart your device.
This will instantly fix the GPS issue with your Xiaomi Mi5 device. You will need to set your GPS settings to High Accuracy Mode to lock the location. For doing so go to Settings > Location > Mode and choose High Accuracy. GPS has many advantages. For example, instead of typing your complete address, you can just send your location to your friend on WhatsApp. However, it will work only when you have a working GPS or your GPS can lock your location correctly and in less span of time. Let us know if you are facing any issue with your GPS even after replacing the original file and we would love to help you.