‘Budget smartphones‘ heard this word ever? Yes! You might have heard about it because at present is being used at a high rate. Well, as you aware of the fact that the Smartphones market is growing fast,it triggers the companies to produce low cost or so called ‘Budget Smartphones’.
Companies like Nokia, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Motorola, and Micromax are the key players in this segment. All these companies are competing within the low cost mobile bracket.People often get confused and spend long hours on internet to find the best device which could ally with their budget.So, in this guide we will be focusing upon the best mobile devices till date under a price bracket of Rs 10,000 or $180. We shall begin our quest from the most to the least recommended ones.
Motorola Moto E
Motorola recently launched their new addition of low budget smartphones i.e. ‘Motorola Moto E’. It won’t be wrong if we say, it to be a smaller variant of Moto G. Well, the device is being given the first preference and recommended by most of the techies under the segment of low budget devices .
The device comes with a great set of specifications with a low pricing tag. The device is even competing with other devices which fall under Rs. 12,000.
- It comes with 4.3-inch (960 x 540 pixels) qHD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- Powered by 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 200 processor with 400 MHz Adreno 302 GPU
- Supports Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- Latest version of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Primary shooter comes with 5MP camera
- Dimensions: 64.8×124.8×12.3 mm; Weight: 142 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 1980 mAh battery
- Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Water replants coating inside.
Micromax Unite 2
Micromax recently launched their new addition to the range of budget devices with Android 4.4.2 out of the box. This makes the Micromax second mobile manufacturer to bring in the Android Kitkat to a budget device after Motorola Moto E.
The device is powered by a similar specification of Moto E and even takes over Moto E at some points. The device is the biggest competitor of Moto E at present.
- 4.7 inch capacitive touch IPS display.
- It comes with 800 x 480 pixels resolution.
- Device runs on Android 4.4.2 with OTA update option.
- 5 MP primary shooter with LED flash and AF.
- 2 MP secondary shooter.
- The device owns 1 GB RAM
- 4 GB internal storage with SD card support.
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS connectivity options
- 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- It has a battery of 2000 mAh
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2
Samsung’s S Duos 2 is the online budget device that Samsung provides to its users. However, the device is the upgraded version of ‘Samsung Galaxy S Duos’ which is considered to be a big hit in the past.
The device comes with favourable range of specifications compared to the pricing. However, the device is not satisfactory as Moto E or Unite 2 but as it is a Samsung device and it holds a special rank in the list.
- It comes with 5 MP primary shooter.
- Geared up with 1.2 GHz Dual Core Application Processor
- Supports Expandable Storage Capacity of 64 GB
- Comes with Wi-Fi Enabled feature
- Device features 4-inch TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
- 0.3 MP Secondary shooter
- Android v4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS (No updates in future)
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) support also available
Nokia recently launched their new series of Android powered devices. The three devices which were launched in series were Nokia X, Nokia X+, and Nokia XL. The Nokia X, which is the lowest addition to the device is the budget Android mobile that Nokia is offering with a quirky flavor of Android based on forked version of Open source Android.
- The device features a 4” IPS LCD display
- It comes with 800*480 pixel density with 233 ppi
- The device is powered up with Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, Dual-core 1 GHz
- The device comes with 3 MP camera sensor
- It runs on 512 MB of RAM
- The device is having 4 gigs internal memory with SD card support
- It supports Dual SIM with Dual standby (Micro)
- It weighs about 128 grams
Micromax Canvas Colors 2
Micromax, has launched their second variant of ‘Micromax Canvas Colors’. The device is carries a promising set of specification and hardware. The main feature that describes its name is the number of shells shipped with it.
The specifications of the device are quite identical to the rest of the android devices of Micromax . As it is the newbie in the market,it is now being ranked in 5th position
- The device comes with a HD display of 5inch
- Device runs on 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek 6582 processor.
- Device comes with 1 gigs of RAM
- It also arrives with 4 gigs internal memory and 32 gigs expandable capacity.
- The device is running on Android 4.2.2 and no future updates via OTA will be provided.
- Device comes with 6 Mega Pixels primary shooter with LED flash and AF.
- It additionally comes with 2 Mega Pixels secondary shooter with 720p recording.
- Device supports Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/AGPS connectivity options.
- The device is powered with 2,000 mAh battery.
Mobiles under Rs 10,000
- Micromax Canvas 2
- Micromax Canvas Juice
- Xolo Q700s
- Nokia Lumia 510
- Nokia Lumia 520
- Panasonic T31
Above mentioned mobile devices also come under the price bracket of Rs 10,000. We have excluded them from our top 5 list because of many factors. The most common factors can be battery backup, built quality, average camera,software backwardness, absence of proper support and much more.
However, the devices are good at some points but quite much bad at various aspects. The top devices we have listed are among the best till now and can be considered as the key players of devices under Rs 10,000 tag