Several new gadgets have been introduced this 2012. And Christmas is almost round the corner. New gadgets are still coming up every day. So, what will be the gift electronic gift to your loved ones this Christmas? Let’s look at some here.
We present you with electronic gadgets for each category, with the top gadgets in them respectively. We also provide a direct link to the Amazon’s product page. Few of the features of each devices are listed (which have been derived from Amazon.)
If tablets are not your choice, and you want to read some eBooks than simply playing with different features of the tablets, then go ahead with an eBook reader, or simply what we call it as eReaders.
Kindle Paperwhite is the best eReader available in the market, which has a clear display of text and images. Reading on this gadget will really relax your eyes that you will prefer this gadget over the tablets.
Next would be the Kindle Keyboard, which is a good gift for people who prefer keyboard than the touch screens.
Next on the list would be, Nook Simple Touch Reader, a product from Barnes and Nobles. It is offering a serious competition. But, it lacks the multimedia cloud ecosystem of Amazon, and also lacks the clarity of the Kindle Paperwhite.
The next one is, Sony PRS-T2 Reader, but it might simply seem costly.
- Free 3G wireless.
- 3G wireless works globally.
- Patented built-in light evenly illuminates the screen.
- 62% more pixels for unsurpassed resolution.
- 25% better contrast for sharp, dark text.
- Even in bright sunlight clear, crisp text and images with no glare.
- New hand-tuned fonts – 6 font styles, 8 adjustable sizes
- 8-week battery life, even with the light on
- Holds up to 1,100 books.
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you download books in under 60 seconds
- New Time to Read feature.
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices.
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Supports children’s books and includes new parental controls.
- Advanced E Ink Display.
- Read in Bright Sunlight.
- 8.5 ounces and 1/3 of an inch thin.
- Holds 3,500 Books.
- Two Month Battery Life.
- Free 3G Wireless.
- Global 3G Coverage.
- Built-In Wi-Fi.
- PDF Reader.
Nook Simple Touch
- Ultra-Light, Ultra-Portable – Under 8 ounces
- Easy to Use 6″ Touchscreen
- Clear, Crisp Reading
- Longest Battery Life.
- Over 2 million titles including books, magazines & newspapers.
Sony PRS-T2 Reader
- In the Box – USB Cable, Stylus Pen, Quick Start(TM) Guide, WarrantyFeatures
- World’s lightest 6 eReader – Weighing less than 6 ounces.
- Slim 0.38 inch device.
- Smooth page transitions and less flickering.
- Public library downloads from the device over Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi access to Sony Reader Store.
Tablets are the new crazy among all of us. And these are preferred over the eBook readers if you demand for more features than just the reader. Tablets are the best, kind of a mini computer in your hand. You may browse the net, email, read news, read eBooks, magazines, access Facebook and what not.
Several new tablets popped up this year, and among them what we suggest is to go ahead with the Kindle Fire HD. We recommend this because it has an awesome HD display, a clear Dolby audio, and one of the best Wifi’s. In the market of the tablets, which is really crowded like anything, this product is the best value for your money.
If you want to go ahead with costlier options, then iPad should be your choice. It has the best retina display, an awesome camera quality, and loads of apps waiting for you at the apple store.
If you still wish to go with some alternative, then go ahead with the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and the Motorola Xoom.
Kindle Fire HD
- 1280×800 HD display.
- Dolby Audio.
- Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for 40% faster downloads and streaming.
- High performance 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performance.
- Integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! and more.
- Front-facing HD camera.
- Free unlimited cloud storage for the Amazon content.
- Apple iOS 5.
- Dual-Core A5X Chip with Quad-Core Graphics.
- 9.7 Retina Display.
- 2048 x 1536 Resolution.
- 5 Megapixel iSight Camera.
- 1080p Video Recording.
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n).
- Up to 10 Hours of Battery Life.
- 1.44 lbs.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS.
- 10.1-inch Multitouch.
- 720p HD Screen.
- 1280 x 800 Resolution.
- 16GB Internal Memory.
- Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n).
- Bluetooth 3.0.
- GPS Enabled with Latitude, Google Maps.
- 1GHz Dual-Core Processor.
- 1GB RAM.
- Linux 1 GHz Motorola ARM dual-core CORTEX A9 OMAP 4.
- 1 GB DRAM.
- Android 3.1 (Honeycomb).
- Wireless Wifi 802.11b/g/n.
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera.
- 2-megapixel front-facing web cam.
Cameras are one of the most important gadgets. They capture all the cute and memorable events of your life. And they aid us to go to the past, and enjoy those memories.
You have few options to choose from for a camera, either go ahead with a Point and Shoot Camera, known as Digicams, or a digital SLR Camera, or something hybrid of them. Digicams are the best-selling cameras in the market. These cameras are designed for people who simply want to point the camera and take a click. Here are few of the Digicams you may like:
Cannon PowerShot SX260
- 12.1 MP High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor.
- 20x Optical Zoom.
- 25mm Wide-Angle lens.
- Optical Image Stabilization.
- 1080 Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button.
- GPS tracker.
- Smart AUTO with 58 predefined shooting situations with new FACE ID, High-Speed Burst HQ for continuous capture at a maximum of 10 frames.
Panasonic LUMIX ZS20
- 24mm Ultra Wide Angle LEICA DC Lens with 20x Optical Zoom
- Full HD video recording with stereo microphone
- 0.1sec Light Speed AF
- 12MB built-in memory
- Supports SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
- 20.2 MP Exmor”CMOS sensor.
- Bright F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 3.6x zoom.
- Full HD 1080/60p video with manual control and dual record.
- 101.6 mm x 58.1 mm x 35.9 mm, 213g.
- 3-Inch Xtra Fine LCD display.
- Ultra-slim, sophisticated aluminum body.
- 10-megapixel CCD sensor with the TruePic V Image Processor
- iZUIKO f1.8-2.5 6.0-24mm (4x zoom) lens.
- 720p HD video at 30 frames-per-second.
- 3-inch OLED monitor.
- Six creative Art Filters.
- Capture images and HD video to SD/SDHC memory cards.
Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras (Digital SLR’s) or simply called as DSLR’s. These cameras are the best for people who are very much interested in photography, and need an accurate frame before they snap the scene. And, you also get various options of lenses to choose from.
These are higher priced, but the quality of pictures they deliver is even higher.
The first step before buying a DSLR’s is to choose a brand, rather than a model. The camera you buy is a system, as further you may add various lenses and other stuffs. Cannon and Nikon are the best brands in this field. Canon offers a large range of lenses, and has a good second hand market. Nikon does not have that large market share if compared to Canon, but has to offer some few awesome gears and the following of fans.
The best DSLR would be Canon EOS Rebel T4i, which is pretty very easy to use. It is also supported by Canon’s EF and EF-S lenses, which would lead to your best clicks.
Canon EOS Rebel T4i
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor for exceptional image quality and speed.
- High speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps.
- 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point), and new Hybrid CMOS AF.
- Enhanced EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF.
- Multiple frame rates.
- New 3.0-inch Vari-angle Touch Screen Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots)
- Extreme resolution 36.3-megapixel FX-format (35.9 x 24.0mm) CMOS sensor
- Full 1080p HD broadcast quality video and minimized rolling shutter
- View simultaneous Live View output on external monitors and record uncompressed video via HDMI terminal
- Multi-Area Full HD D-Movie Video Recording Mode
- Comprehensive high fidelity audio recording and playback control
Canon EOS 7D
- 18.0-megapixel CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors.
- Kit includes 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS UD standard zoom lens
- Advanced HD movie mode with manual exposure control and selectable frame rates
- Intelligent Viewfinder with 100 percent field of view; 19-point, all cross-type AF system equipped with dual diagonal cross-type sensors
- Capture images to CF Card Type I and II, UDMA-compliant CF cards.
- 14.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor; 3-inch monitor with One-Touch Live View shooting and movie capture
- Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization lens
- Full 1080p HD Cinematic Video with full-time autofocus and sound
- Easy-To-Use Nikon Guide Mode with intuitive controls and on-board assistance
- Capture images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
But, what if you do not want the point and shoot camera. And what if you are not ready for DSLR as well, what to do then? Then go ahead with a hybrid of these two cameras, which have the features of both. Let us look at some:
- DSLR-quality in about half the size and weight.
- 16 MP APS-C sensor with fast up to 10 fps shooting speed.
- Fast Hybrid AF includes phase-detection for DSLR-like focus.
- Full HD movie shooting at 60p/24p with full exposure control.
- Wi-Fi® sharing and downloadable camera apps.
- M.ZUIKO Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Micro 4/3 Zoom (Black).
- Flash FL-LM1.
- USB/Video Multi Cable.
- BLS-1 Lithium-Ion Battery.
- BCS-1 Lithium-Ion Battery Charger.
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G3
- 16-megapixel compact mirrorless system.
- Micro Four Thirds format camera
- Kit includes 14-42mm Lumix f/3.5-5.6 lens.
- Capture high-quality photos in 3D with optional lens.
- 3.0-inch free-angle LCD with touch control.
- New Pinpoint AF feature.
- 1080/60i HD video capability in AVCHD format.
- Venus Engine FHD enables Intelligent Resolution technology.
- Intelligent Auto and Intelligent Auto Plus (iA, iA+).
- Pocket camera with professional-grade performance
- 24.3 MP for superb detail and amazing enlargements
- World’s first OLED electronic viewfinder; 2359K dots
- Up to 10 fps shooting to capture the decisive moment
- APS-C CMOS sensor for DSLR-class imaging
Music is life. A MP3 player as a gift will be an awesome one. But, as tablets and smartphones are already available in the market, people generally do not care much about these MP3 Players. But for many people, a dedicated player is required.
The best product for MP3 Players would be Samsung’s Android Galaxy MP3 Player. It is not only meant as a MP3 Player, but also as a camera, gaming and internet.
Apple on the other hand has various products in the market under this category, and dominates.
Samsung Galaxy 5.0 Android MP3 Player
- Powered by Android 2.3.5 , with access to over 250,000 apps including games, productivity software, and more.
- Uses a Wi-Fi connection (802.11b/g/n) for Internet access.
- 8 GB internal storage with a microSD card slot for adding up to 32 GB.
- 5-inch touchscreen with WVGA (800×480) resolution.
- 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and a VGA front-facing camera for video calling.
Apple iPod Touch
- 4″ (diagonal) Widescreen Multi-Touch Display.
- Up To 40 Hours Of Music Playback When Fully Charged.
- Up To 8 Hours Of Video Playback When Fully Charged.
- AAC, MP3, AIFF, And WAV Playback.
Apple iPod Nano
- 2.5″ (diagonal) Widescreen Multi-Touch Display.
- Up To 30 Hours Of Music Playback When Fully Charged.
- Up To 3.5 Hours Of Video Playback When Fully Charged.
- AAC, MP3, AIFF, And WAV Playback.
Apple iPod shuffle
- Lightweight and Durable.
- Flash Memory.
- Integrated Clip.
- Large Control Pad.
- Sliding Mode Switch.