Perhaps, this is the last article in this series. But if I get more stuffs to add up, then for sure I will continue with more parts. Let us begin with this now.
Blue-Ray DVD Players
The old DVD players are a history now. The new time is for the Blue-Ray DVD players. These devices do not only support the Blue-Ray discs, but these also support loads of media streaming services, few of them namely Amazon Instant, Netflix, Hulu and loads more. These features for sure make the Blue-Ray DVD Players one of the best gifts in the electronic section for this year.
A built in Wifi, 3D Blue-Ray support and a similar image quality is offered by almost all the top Blue-Ray players which we are about to present here.
The Panasonic DMP-BDT310 is a new released device. It offers a superfast lading of discs, touch free disc tray opener, and includes a Viera Cast. It is the best Blue-Ray DVD Players available in the market.
The Samsung BD-D6700 provides the users with an extensive media streaming services. It has an attractive silver top and a black bottom, which is the priciest. It has the best looks.
The LG BD670 has a simple utilitarian design. It has a support for good media streaming services, just like its competitors in the market. The part in which it lags is the disc loading speeds which is slower than the normal speeds.
The Sony BDP S580 offers you the maximum number of media streaming services. The area it lags behind is the user interface, which is not that attractive, and may repel the users a bit.
- Twin HDMI output for Video/Audio
- It has SKYPE video calls
- It has built-in Wi-Fi
- VIERA CAST has been further enhanced with CinemaNow and VUDU, which allow you to stream movies.
- WiFi Built-in
- Samsung Smart 3D TV
- Enhanced Picture Qaulity
- Slot-in loading mechanism
- 3D – 2D to 3D conversion
- Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p
- Smart TV enables an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos all organized in a simple to use interface
- Integrated Wi-Fi Connectivity allows you take advantage of Smart TV from any available Wi-Fi connection
- Standard DVD Up-Scaling delivers exceptional image quality from standard DVDs with 1080p up scaling via HDMI output. HDMI Cable is NOT included, 1 year parts and 90 days labor
- Dolby Digital Plus lets you experience all of the enveloping surround sound that Blu-ray Disc, high-definition (HD) broadcast, and streamed and downloaded media make possible, Region (DVD: 1, Blu-ray: A)
- Smart TV enables an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos and browse the web all organized in a simple to use interface
- Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p–also supports standard Blu-ray Disc movies in HD and upscales DVDs to near HD quality
- Instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV shows, live sports, videos, and music from Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Hulu Plus and many more
- Free, downloadable “Media Remote” app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone turns it into a versatile remote
- Connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device to enjoy videos, photos, and music on the big screen, Region (Blu-ray: A, DVD: 1), Power – 120VAC, 60 Hz
- Built-in Wi-Fi for an easy connection to your wireless broadband network; media streaming from DLNA Certified devices
If you want your player to offer an extra feature of playing video games, then you would like to go ahead with the Sony PlayStation 3. It has the features of multimedia and gaming system together. It offers a Blue-Ray Player which offers awesome video quality, and you may enjoy your games on it as well.
Sony PlayStation 3
- Slimmer, more compact design with quieter operation.
- All games in high-definition.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Doubles as a Blu-ray and up scaling DVD player.
- Built-in Wi-Fi.
- HDMI output with 1080p support.
- No external power supply.
- Built-in Web browser.
- Free online gaming service.
The best LED-LCD HDTV’s in this year as follows:
- TV without stand (Width x Height x Depth): 31.2-Inch x 21.8-Inch x 9.6-Inch.
- TV with stand (Width x Height x Depth): 31.2-Inch x 19.8-Inch x 3.5-Inch
- TOSHIBA 32″ 720P/60HZ LCD
- 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- 14W Speakers
Sony BRAVIA KDL32BX330
- 32-Inch HDTV
- 2 HDMI inputs and 2 USB inputs
- 1 Year Limited warranty
- TV without stand (Width x Height x Depth): 30.5-Inch x 20.75-Inch x 8.25-Inch, TV with stand (Width x Height x Depth): 30.5-Inch x 19.125-Inch x 3.25-Inch
- Edge Lit Razor LED backlighting,Resolution : 720p
- SRS StudioSound HD + SRS Truvolume
- JPEG photo viewer
- 1 HDMI port
- Meets ENERGY STAR 5.3 guidelines
- Plug-and-Play Compatibility for More Entertainment Options
- Numerous Connection Options
- Enhanced Picture and Sound Quality
- Channel Labeling and Sleep Timer for Ease of Use
- Two Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty
Panasonic VIERA TC-L24X5
- 1080p LED panel
- USB Player
- LED delivers richer colors and more vivid details
- Slim frame design for a more immersive picture with less frame around the TV
- Up to 50% more energy efficient than conventional LCD TVs
- 720p HD resolution for high definition clarity
- TV without stand (Width x Height x Depth): 28.88-Inch x 19.33-Inch x 7.85-Inch, TV with stand (Width x Height x Depth): 28.88-Inch x 17.43-Inch x 2.95-Inch
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz with Clear Motion Rate
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- ENERGY STAR standard
- AllShare DLNA networking
- 1-Year Parts & 1-Year Labor Warranty (90-Days Parts & Labor For Commercial Use), With In-Home Service, Backed By Samsung Toll-Free SupportLNA networking
- Smart TV,1-Year Parts and 1-Year Labor Warranty
- Signature Services
- Smart Hub
- Built-in WiFi
- AllShare Play,Total output power of a speaker 20 Watt
3D TV’s are the best thing what happened in 2012. It gave a new form of entertainment experience to the people. It is for sure the future entertainment.
- QWERTY Remote Control
- Samsung Smart TV
- 3D LED-LCD HDTV (LED Backlight)
- Two pairs of 3D glasses included in box
- Full HD 1080p resolution
LG Infinia 55LW6500
- LG’s Cinema 3D technology delivers flicker free, wide angle viewing through use of lightweight, inexpensive, battery free glasses (included: four pairs of glasses).
- Smart TV allows you to access limitless content, thousands of movies, downloadable apps, videos and the best of the web all organized in a simple to use interface.
- Enjoy your favorite 2D movies and shows in immersive 3D with LG’s 2D to 3D conversion feature.
- LG’s LED Plus backlight technology provides even greater control of brightness through local dimming that delivers better contrast.
- TruMotion 240Hz technology lets you see sports, video games and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur. Full HD 1080p gives it superior picture quality over standard HDTV.
- 1080P Natural 3D TV 240Hz
- Local Dimming;
- Net TV with Yahoo Widgets
- Skype Capable, 240Hz
- 1080P Natural 3D TV
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- Auto Motion Plus 240Hz with Clear Motion Rate
- Samsung Smart TV
- Includes two pairs of 3D glasses
Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX820
- Brilliant Full HD (1080p) picture quality for 2D & 3D. Refresh Rate: 240hz
- 55-inch display with full HD (1080p) 2D/3D picture and sleek “monolithic” OptiContrast panel with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Dynamic Edge LED backlight with local dimming for incredible contrast, slim design, and energy efficiency
- Experience smooth and precise motion detail during fast-action video with Motionflow XR 480 technology
- Wireless BRAVIA Internet TV and Widgets for a wide variety of streaming media and other Internet content
- It has 600Hz refresh rate
- It exceeds ENERGY STAR standards
- 600Hz Subfield Full HD Motion performance
- Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio 25,000,000:1
- Ultra Slim Touch of Color Design
- Dynamic 3D TV 480Hz
- Fine Local Dimming
- Quantum BLACK Panel
- Net TV with Yahoo Widgets
- Dynamic 3D TV, 480Hz
Panasonic VIERA TC-P55VT30
- Full HD 3D (1 Pair of Glasses Included)
- It has one sheet of glass design
- It has Infinite Black Pro 2 panel
- It has VIERA Connect Wi-Fi Ready
- It has THX 3D Certified Display
Cell phones are a good gift. In case you are going to gift a phone, then before buying it one will have to think about what kind of phone to go with – Phone with a contract or Unlocked Phone without any contract.
The next parameter you have to think is to go with the Apple or the Android Operating System. It depends on what the person is more comfortable with.
Unlocked Phones are a good choice, but they will come with a good price tag.
Samsung Galaxy S3 is the best phone this year it seems. It has got large screen, a fast processor, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, a camera which is 8MP, and has a reasonable price tag.
Next would be Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. It has got Android 4.0 Ice cream Sandwich, the battery life is amazing.
Sony Xperia U is an006Fther good phone with awesome looks, illuminating transparent elements which illuminate change color. Its sound quality is also awesome.
The Samsung Galaxy Note has got a large screen size. Its size is almost perfect to that of a hybrid of Tablet and a Smartphone.
Apple iPhone 5
- Display: 4-inch (diagonal) with a resolution of 1136 by 640 pixels.
- Memory capacity: 16, 32 or 64 gigabytes, depending on price. There’s no way to expand it with memory cards.
- Size: height: 4.87 inches; width: 2.31 inches; depth: 0.30 inch (124 x 59 x 7.6 mm)
- Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)
- Cameras: 8-megapixel camera on back, 1.2-megapixel on front.
- Video recording: high-definition (1080p – comparable to the resolution of a 40-inch flat panel TV) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- Battery life: talk time is up to 8 hours on 3G. Internet works for up to 8 hours on LTE and up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi. Up to 10 hours of video playback. Battery can be replaced by service personnel only.
- US wireless carriers: Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint Nextel and others.
- Network compatibility: 3G networks worldwide, plus 4G LTE networks.
Samsung Galaxy S III
- 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- Phone supports high speed HSDPA network
- 16 GB storage,1 GB RAM,Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Advanced qHD (540 x 960 pixels) display with scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- 1.2GHz Dual-Core, Dual-Channel RAM Processor
- Dimensions – 130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm, weight 127 g
- Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
- 8 MP camera with 1080p HD video recording, LED flash and 1.3 MP secondary camera
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 3G HSDPA 14.4 Mbps (Category 10), Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b,g, n (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz), aGPS (assisted), eCompass
- 16 GB internal internal memory with expandable memory up to 32GB
- 1780 mAh Li Ion battery
HTC Evo LTE 4G
- 4.7-inch 720p display
- Sprint 4G LTE (eventually)
- Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich/Sense 4
- 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 dual-core proc
- 8-megapixel rear camera (1080p recording)
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
Sony Xperia U
- Networks: UMTS HSPA 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I); GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread); 1 GHz STE U8500 Dual Core; Internal storage: 4 GB/RAM 512 MB
- Display: 3.5-Inch Capacitive touch screen, scratch-resistant, anti-reflection coating on mineral glass
- Camera: 5 megapixel with HD 720p video recording
- Black end cap can be replaced with the extra white end cap included in the box.
Samsung Galaxy Note
- Multi Input Full touch + S Pen (Advanced smart pen)
- AndroidTM 2.3(Gingerbread)
- 3G/4G: 850/900/1900/2100 EDGE: 850/900/1800/2100
- 5.3″ WXGA (1280 x 800, 285 PPI) screen* HD Super AMOLED
- Camera Main(Rear) : 8 MP with LED Flash / Front : 2 MP Action Shot, Beauty, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
Home Theatre Systems
One needs the Home Theatre Experience to have that amazing entertainment experience which the TV speakers cannot provide at all.
If your home does not much of space, or if you don’t want to let the speakers cover up most of the spaces then you may go ahead with the Sound Bar Home Theatre in a Box. Just one sound bar lets you have the experience of near sound and all amazing effects.
Sony HT-CT150 3D Sound Bar System
- HDMI Repeater for simplified audio and video signal transfer
- 3D HDMI pass-through
- Audio Return Channel uses just one cable for TV audio
- Power Requirements 120 V AC 60 Hz
Panasonic SC-HTB15 3D Sound Bar System
- Powerful down-firing subwoofer
- Two HDMI inputs/one HDMI output
- 240 Watts
- Clear Mode Dialog
- 3D Compatible
Samsung HW-D550 3D Sound Bar System
- 2.1-channel sound in a slim, wall-mountable design
- 3D-depth sound with 310 watts of power
- 5.8GHz wireless subwoofer included
- Eco Power System reduces power consumption
- Compatible with Samsung’s Anynet+ remote system
- 2.1 channel
- 2.1 channel 310 watts
- 2.1 channel,3D depth sound
- 3D depth sound,310 watts
- Wall-mountable,Wireless subwoofer
Polk Audio Surroundbar 3000 Instant Home Theater
- Complete home theater experience from a single speaker and an unobtrusive wireless subwoofer–no rear speakers, no extra wires
- Stereo Dimensional Array (a patented Polk Audio exclusive) gives you digital surround sound with no clutter
- Lightweight easy-to-mount single speaker with multiple mounting options
- Place the compact wireless subwoofer anywhere
- Connects via optical digital or analog audio inputs (optical cable included)
If you are ready to give up some space of your room to the speakers, then a Blue-Ray Home Theatre in a Box will give the best experience of entertainment of your life.
Sony BDV-E780W Blu-Ray Player
- Sony Internet TV: Get instant access to must-have entertainment, including thousands of hit movies, TV shows, music choices, online videos and games.
- Plus get new apps delivered to you automatically, so your selection is never outdated and you are always connected to the best entertainment
- 1000 Watts for powerful sound: Hear everything with incredible impact. The system delivers 1000 Watts total power (165 Watts x 5 + 175 Watts)
- 3D Blu-ray Disc Full HD 1080p playback: Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p.
- Multi-room Music with PartyStreaming: Wirelessly stream music throughout the home to compatible Sony Network speakers
Samsung HT-D6500W Blu-Ray Player
- Samsung home theater system
- Built-in WiFi
- Samsung Apps
- Wireless rear speakers
- Samsung Smart TV, 3D
LG LHB536 1100W Blu-Ray Player
- The 1100W amplifier pumps out 5.1 channel surround sound with impressive sound quality
- Dolby Digital Plus lets you experience all of the enveloping surround sound that Blu-ray Disc,high-definition (HD) make possible
- Smart TV enables an easy way to access limitless content,thousands of movies, customizable apps,videos
- Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p.
- This system works with iPod4 and iPhone4 products. That means you can connect,charge,control,and play directly from your iPod4 anytime
Panasonic SC-BTT370 Blu-Ray Player
- Front L/R Tallboy Speakers
- Wi-Fi Ready, Smartphone Remote App
- Viera Connect Web Entertainment
The Bose speakers are known for their best speaker quality and experience. The Bose Lifestyle V35 gives you an experience of awesome surround sound. It is a bit expensive, and does not include the Blue-Ray Player.
Bose Lifestyle V35
- 5-speaker surround sound system designed for use with your home entertainment components
- Guided setup and simplified use with easy-to-follow onscreen messages
- 3D compatibility ensures you’ll see content as intended with 3D TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, gaming consoles and other 3D sources.
- Includes AM/FM tuner, dock for iPod® or iPhone®, remote with LCD display
- Includes premium Jewel Cube® speakers