I have seen many parents pretty scared to leave their home PC turned on with internet connection to their children or other family members. As the internet is filled with violence, adult content, and other hopeless time wasting websites and videos, from which every parent or elder will try to protect their loved young ones. I remember the time when I was young and my dad used to lock my PC so I don’t visit you know which kind of websites. As I grew up I actually get the importance of my childhood being shielded from violence and different M rated things. But as a matter of fact there are a lot of parents and users who doesn’t have enough expertise to manage and block websites from being viewed in the browser. And to tell you the truth blocking websites using the built-in hosts file in Windows isn’t something everyone can do. Even with the help of the tutorial you may end up making some changes that may cause internet disconnection or something like this. So the easiest way to use a software which can be easily used by anyone with no technical expertise to block websites.
Any Weblock is a web content control software that gives you the power to block websites on your local computer. It works with almost all web browsers and displays a fake error message page. As I mentioned before you don’t need any kind of technical knowledge to use Any Weblock. Another good feature of Any Weblock is the ability to block not only the main domain (website), but also its subdomain. So basically Any Weblock is software which can be used as a parental control or to block malicious content and ads.
Summary of features supported by website blocked Any Weblock
- Works with any web browser.
- Block websites and additional subdomains.
- Password protection to prevent unauthorized access.
- Blocking remains intact even after uninstalling, unless properly unblocked by this program.
- Export and import to share a block list among computers.
- Auto-backup and roll back to a previous backup.
How to use Any Weblock to block websites
- Install Any Weblock from here.
- When you run Any Weblock for the first time it will ask you to enter a password which can be used to open blocked website which you blocked using Any Weblock.
- To block websites or website, click on the Add icon (Plus sign). Now enter the web address (the site which you want to be blocked) without “www” and click on OK.
- Now just click on Apply Changes to make any website inaccessible without the password which you provided earlier.
Any Weblock basically make changes to your hosts file, thus blocking a website permanently.
Closing Words: Any Weblock isn’t only meant to block websites from young ones, but you can also use it to block websites which are time consuming, thus increasing your work productivity.