Mind goes in both wrong and right directions. But teen age is the deciding factor and this period is what makes a person good or bad. Internet is the treasure house of knowledge, no doubt about it and I couldn’t agree more. But just like everything Internet also has it’s cons. If you are a parent and you want to control what your children access on the Internet, then this guide is for you. There are plenty of softwares which lets you block websites and gain parental control. But Avast’s free antivirus is a very simple yet effective utility to block websites on the Internet. Avast Free is one of the best free antivirus available in the market. It has tons of features and website blocker is one of them. Here is how you can block websites with Avast Free Antivirus?
Installation & Basic Setup.
- If you don’t have Avast Free Antivirus installed on your computer then you can download it from here and install it.
- Once you have downloaded it, install it like you install any other software.
- Make sure you uncheck those little checkboxes to avoid installing toolbars.
- After installing it, go to settings and register your product. It will get automatically registered once you enter your Email address.
- Once you have installed it, you can use for 365 days. After 365 days, you have to re-register the product by following the same procedure.
How to block websites using Avast?
- Open Avast Antivirus by clicking on the shortcut created on desktop.
- Go to settings > active protection > web shield and click on customize.
- Select Site Blocking from the left sided menu.
- Click on ‘Enable Site Blocking.’
- Enter URL in the text box and press enter.
- Click ‘OK’ and save settings.
- Congratulations, you have successfully blocked your listed websites.
Here is what happens when you try to open blocked websites.