With introduction of new technology everyday, the stuff that can be done with these new technologies are also increasing.
Every new version of a technology does something new. Now, who thought that a TV could be smart enough to have a portfolio of apps of their own. But look at the range of smart TVs available from different companies.
These smart TVs are able to do much more than just showing cable TV feed. With apps that can run on these TVs, users now have the ability of access services like Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, YouTube etc. right on their televisions.
Not only this but smart TVs nowadays can also second themselves and act as a second screen for your PC and laptops.
Using HDMI is easy, but what if you do not have access to a HDMI cable or you just hate wires? Well, you can also mirror your laptop screen to your smart TVs wirelessly over wifi and in this post this is what we are going to discuss and we will also see how to Connect and Mirror Windows 8 to Your TV Wirelessly Over Wifi.
Without any further ado, let’s start.
Mirror your computer screen to Samsung Smart TV
The process for Samsung Smart TVs is quite simple and doesn’t require any complicated steps. Make sure that the TV and the laptop running Windows 8/8.1 are on the same Wifi network because this is a requirement and without that, the process will not work.
Follow the procedure:
- Go to your Smart TV’s menu and then navigate to an option named Screen Mirroring
- Select that option and and it will show you a screen which reads Screen Mirroring
- Now on your laptop, press the Windows button + C
- Now choose Devices from the menu and you will see an option named Project
- Now you will see that you have an option to add a wireless display
- Select that option and move to further steps
- You will see that the next screen that appears shows the Samsung TV as an option
- Select it on your Windows 8/8.1 laptop and you will be asked to enter a code that will appear on your TV
- Enter the code and click Pair
- It will take a few seconds for the mirroring to take place
- After the mirroring is complete, you will see that what appears on the screen of the laptop will simultaneously appear on the screen of the TV as well.
So this is how you can mirror your laptop’s screen to a Samsung smart TV.
Here is a video that demonstrates the process and you will be able to see this feature in action.
Connecting Sony Smart TV to your Laptop
This feature is also available on Sony smart TVs so in this section we will see how it is going to work and how we can easily set it up. Before proceeding any further, make sure that both TV and the laptop are connected to the same Wifi network.
Follow the procedure carefully:
- On your TV, using the remote, press the INPUT button
- Navigate through the options and select Screen Mirroring
- On your laptop, press the Windows button + C and you will see the Window charm menu popping up
- Select the Devices option and then choose Project
- Now you will see an option that says Add a display
- Now after this you have to choose Add a Device and from the options that appear, just choose the model of your TV
- You will be asked to enter the Pin displayed on TV
- Select Pair/Next and wait for a few seconds while the mirroring is setting up
- You will see now that the laptop screen is being mirrored on the TV screen!
For other TVs that do not support Miracast
There are many TVs out there that don’t support Miracast but for them there is an option available in form of an extra device.
You can get the NETGEAR NeoTV Max Streaming Player from Amazon and connect it to your PC.
After connecting the process will be the same as you have seen with the above two TVs.