TheGeekDaily crossed several new frontiers this month, the major ones being
- Entering the 20k Alexa club.
- Crossed 6k page views per day milestone, and crossed 7k few days later.
To celebrate the success we are having a contest on TheGeekDaily, Win Nexus 7. It will be similar to our last contest except this time instead of the double pay, the winner gets a brand new Google Nexus 7 tablet.
Participating in the contest is very simple, you just do what you regularly do, write for TheGeekDaily.
Put your creative minds to work and gear up for November 1st.
Top earner between 2nd November to 19th November will get the NEXUS 7 tablet
If you haven’t got your author account yet, you can request it here
Why write for TheGeekDaily
- We pay 3 to 30 dollars upfront for every article published with minimum payout of 15$, and you can track your earnings in real-time on your profile.
- We paid a total of 2500$ to our authors till date, you can see the list of highest paid posts here
- You get a pr5 backlink, and the last PR update was positive for all our writers. Want page rank, write for TheGeekDaily
- TheGeekDaily has 7 thousand page views per day and RSS readership base of 10k users, your article gets a lot of exposure and brings traffic to your site.
- We will have lots of contests and prizes like these to encourage authors.
- Giving maximum possible exposure to the author is our top priority, you get back links (SEO), fame, traffic.
Rules for the contest
- To Join the contest, comment on this post, share it on Facebook and tweet about it.
- Share your posts during the contest on FB and Twitter with a link to this page.
- Highest earner between 2-11-2012 and 19-11-2012 gets a Nexus 7, 8GB.
- In case of tie, one with highest average will be the winner.
- You can post no more than 40 Articles during the contest.
- Top earners till 7-11-2012 and 13-11-2012, and two highest commented posts get 500rs flipkart vouchers.
- If found copying or skimming content, you won’t be allowed to take part in the contest and your account will be suspended.
Expecting a lot of useful how to’s and timeless content.
Owing to the amount of articles we are going to get during the contest, the rules are going to be on the harder side.
- No warnings for plagiarism. Your account will be suspended immediately, and all your earnings will be void.
- All posts have to be properly formatted.
- Add a featured image.
- All images used should be from the official sources, or screenshots taken by you. Use transparent or images with white background whenever possible.
- Optimize images before uploading.
- Fill the SEO fields. Write appropriate meta description between 140 to 160 characters.
- Pick appropriate tags and categories.
- Proof read the post twice, check the grammar and spellings.
Apart from these you have to follow all the guidelines listed on the join page. If you don’t follow more than two of the above guidelines, your post will be trashed without feedback.
Tips for winning the contest
- Write more, plan ahead.
- How to’s and timeless content gets paid more.
- The less I have to edit the post, better the pay.
- Don’t write for the sake of writing.
Here is what the writer have to say about our last contest
Anurag #13posts #97$ #avg7.5$/post
Well it was an awesome experience :))
I have been writing on “Android” niche since last year when I started AndroidGyan.Com and such a writing contest on “TheGeekDaily.Com” lured me to write on TheGeekDaily, and most of my articles published were related to Android niche.
Revenue sharing system of yours is a huge motivation for any write to write a good informative article for the readers. Payouts on TheGeekDaily.com are more than worth; you get the right amount for your article. Some writers don’t write good content because they are not paid worth for their work, but on TheGeekDaily, you will notice a different side of story.
In the initial stage of contest I thought I will write only a few articles and didn’t think of wining the event. But as the contest proceeded, I noticed more and more number of writers joining it and competition becoming stiffer. Then I made up my mind to produce some quality content and at the very last day I backed up with a few good articles and that fetch me a nice amount to win the contest.
Truly I enjoyed writing for TheGeekDaily and will continue in future with my Android niche content. I urge every good writer and blogger to come and join this shimmering platform on TheGeekDaily.
Raghavendra #11posts #95$ #avg8.6#/post
It was great competing with other authors at Techbu. I appreciate and admit that competition was fair enough. It was tough for me to write for Techbu after office hours but thanks to Satish and other authors who encouraged me to compete with enthusiasm. I am happy I could secure 2nd position in this competition :).
- Contest #1 Twice is Better Announcement, Score Card, Winners
- Forum for Questions, suggestions, and feedback
- Join TheGeekDaily
- Write a post
- Update your profile
- Score Card
How can a new author win this contest with the present authors having hundreds of dollars in their account?
Only the earnings between 1st Nov to 19th November will be taken into account.
Where can I check my total earnings and contest position?
You can check you earnings on your archive page, click your name below the post title.
You can check your position in the contest and keep tabs on other authors here.
Promote the contest
While it’s not compulsory to promote the contest, we appreciate a blog post or a banner promoting the contest.