Sooner or later Microsoft apps remain in news after their launch. Recently we saw Microsoft launching “Consumer and Release” preview of Windows 8 and later Microsoft released much awaited Office 13 consumer preview suite (or some say it as version 15). For all users who are using this version “Typing Animation in Office 13” is a noteworthy feature. For Microsoft it’s obvious a feature added to Office 13 suite but for some regular users it is an annoying feature from Microsoft.
What is Typing Animation in Office 13.
Start typing some text, as you eventually see the typing cursor can’t keep up with typing. It is always a little laggy and behind, that’s the problem. It’s just awful.
Today we’ll tell you how to get rid of this “Typing Animation in Office 13” by applying a slight registry hack. Please note the change will affect entire Office 13 suite and in any case you want that typing animation back, you’re just a click away 😛
No member of TheGeekDaily in any manner is discouraging or commenting on this feature “Typing Animation in Office 13“, we are just providing a registry hack to overcome/disable it.
How to Disable Typing Animation in Office 13 Suite Applications like Microsoft Word 13 :-
- Before using below hack please close all active Office 13 suite components.
- Supposing you are a Windows 8 user (Same steps for Windows 7 users too), Type “Regedit” in “Run” option (Press Win+R key combination) and press enter, Microsoft Registry Editor is opened.
- On the left hand side of screen panel you see 5 options listed. Choose “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” and double click on it, a menu is listed down. Now follow the path “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice15.0CommonGraphics” to use this hack. You can now easily disable the “Typing Animation in Office 13”.
- Assign the “value 1” to the data field of “DisableAnimation” option in the “Graphics Key”. Make sure to set value to “1”, as setting it to “0” will enable the animation again.
- If you faced any problem in setting the graphics key above we will do this by another way. To proceed further, follow the path “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice15.0Common” >Right click on option “Common” then choose “New > Key” . Now please name this newly made key as “Graphics”. Go to this key and you will see a default “REG_SZ” type value written.
- You see a blank area, right click on it to create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value under name “DisableAnimation”.
- Double click on this “DisableAnimation” value to open panel for “Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value”. Enter the number “1” in “Value Data” box and check the “Hexadecimal” option.
As the value has now been set to “1” means you have disabled this feature “Typing Animation in Office 13”. Open Microsoft Word and start typing some text, hope you have got what you wanted in beginning of this post. Say Cheers 🙂 Even if you miss typing animation later on, then again set the value to “0”, you will get it back. Drop your comments below in case you face any issues.