Facebook has launched its new Video Calling service powered by Skype. You might be thinking that they’ve done this to tackle the much discussed Google+ Hangout feature but comparing both of them is not the right thing to do.
You can Video Call just one you Facebook friend at a time, whereas Google+ hangout is a group video calling feature. You can access Facebook Video calling service from here. You’ll first need to set up some stuff before you can actually start calling your friends, we’ll help you throughout the process.
- Go to the official Facebook Video calling page, click here.
- Click that green Get Started button. You’ll be asked to download a file, download and run it.
- Run the Set Up and let it complete, it will only take a minute.
- You’ll also see that the Facebook chat window has pretty much changed and looks better.
- Now select one of your online friends and click on the video camera icon.
- Now have fun while chatting with your friend on the Facebook Video calling service.
- If the person you are calling is not at his desk or is not receiving your call due to some other reason you can still send him/her a message by recording your own video message.