Google has been innovating and improving its products and there reach and latest in this saga is the launch if its two new apps, Google voice for i phone and Google reader for android devices.
Google has launched its Google voice service as a app for i phone users. Google Voice for iPhone is available to download from the Apple App Store today. You’ll need an iPhone with iOS 3.1 or later and a valid Google Voice account to use the app.
Some of the most loved feature of this app are :
- Cheap rates for international calls
- Free text messaging to U.S. numbers
- Voicemail transcription
- Display your Google Voice number as caller ID when making calls
- With push notifications, the app will alert you instantly when you receive a new voicemail or text message
- Most of your calls will be placed via Direct Access Numbers, making them connect just as quickly as regular phone calls
The only thing that holds us back is that for now its only available in U.S. only.
Google Reader for Android devices.
Google has recently launched its The Android Google Reader app. The app is already available for downloads.
Google reader offers a variety of feature that you would expect it to
- Multiple accounts
- Synced preferences : it syncs up with your existing Google Reader account, such that your unread counts, starred items and subscriptions are consistent from desktop to mobile. Each news item can be starred, liked, or shared, and you can even add “Notes,” just as you can in the web app
- Full subscription features (subscribe and search from your phone)
- Volume-key navigation: if you enable this in the settings, you can navigate by using your phone’s volume keys for next and previous
- Long-press on a folder or subscription to bring up a contextual menu that lets you rename, unsubscribe or change folders
- If you hit the menu key on an individual item, you can use the “send” feature which integrates with other apps on your phone to send the item using any 3rd party app
It’s now available in Android Market you can use the QR code below: