OnePlus One is killer flagship device that got introduced back in 2014 that attracted many users as well as critics which helped it gain a lot of positive feedback. After several conflicts, ups and downs, OnePlus decided to come up with their own operating system other than CyanogenMod as it has stopped serving OnePlus although there are unofficial builds. OnePlus decided to come up with their own android ROM rather than relying on others and they came up with an amazing name OxygenOS for their ROM which was suggested by the OnePlus fans itself which was released recently. OxygenOS is based on Android Lollipop and if you are also searching for a way to Install OxygenOS on OnePlus One then you can follow this guide.
OxygenOS is based on Android Lollipop and you will get stock android experiecne. The OTA updates are pushed directly to the device and all you need is to install OxygenOS once and all. You can update your device normally when your device have any updates. OnePlus One is strong when it comes to hardware and design but the operating system is some what like Achille’s heel and it has been struggling a lot. Hope it comes to end with OxygenOS finally although it is an initial version and bugs are taken care of.
The first build of OxygenOS was tried by many users after the release and still some are having trouble with installing OxygenOS on your device then you can follow our detailed guide. Many users are still on CM 11S and eagerly waiting for Android Lollipop then you are at right place Oxygen OS helps you update your device to Android Lollipop. Although OnePlus dev team has posted the instructions and we noticed that still some are facing issues so we thought of publishing a well detailed guide.
Prerequisites to Install OxygenOS on OnePlus One
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on OnePlus one with at least 80% of battery.
- Make sure that you have backed up all important data on your device as you are going to lose all the data on your device.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and recovery installed.
- Make sure that you have enabled Advanced Reboot under developer options.
- Make sure to take a backup of your current rom via recovery.
Download OxygenOS for OnePlus One
Procedure to Install OxygenOS on OnePlus One
- Download the ROM from above link.
- Next connect your device to the computer and copy the downloaded file to your device.
- After copying the file, hold the power button and select reboot.
- Now you will be presented with a pop up and select Recovery and press okay.
- Now you will be in recovery screen, next perform factory reset by selecting “Wipe data/factory reset ” followed by “Wipe cache partition” and “Wipe dalvik cache“.
- Next select Install Zip from SD Card and select the zip file which you have copied earlier.
- After successful flashing of the zip file you can go back and reboot your device.
The initial boot may take a while and you need to set it up after installing like you do when you turn on the device for the first time. That’s it you have successfully installed OxygenOS on OnePlus One without any issues. Do drop a comment if you are facing any issues during the procedure.