LG Optimus F5 is another budget android device targeting the Asian markets. The device sports a 4.3″ display with decent viewing angles. This device is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor coupled with 1 GB of Ram under the hood. The device delivers decent performance and you may rarely notice any lag while using the device. The device runs on Android 4.1.2 out of the box and may be updated to Android Lollipop. If you own the device and searching for a guide to “Root LG Optimus F5” then you are in right place.
Rooting removes many restrictions which are laid by manufacturers. Manufactures tune the devices so that can deliver decent performance which you can change and get the most out of your device by rooting it. Rooting helps you to flash custom ROMs and tweaks which will boost the performance of the device. They will also help to change the way your device looks and performs. So let’s dive into our guide to root LG Optimus F5.
Warning : The Geek Daily is not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. All guides available on the site are for educational purposes only. Rooting voids warranty. Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites to Root LG Optimus F5
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on LG Optimus F5. Don’t try this guide on other LG Optimus Variants which might brick them.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
- Enable installation of applications from Unknown Sources to do this navigate to Settings >> Security >> Unknown Sources (Tick it).
- Download Framaroot application from here.
The method doesn’t require a computer as you can root the device with the help of “Framaroot” application. Now let’s have a look at the procedure to root LG Optimus F5.
Procedure to Root LG Optimus F5
- Make sure that you have downloaded the Framaroot application from the above link and Install it. During the installation you may encounter warnings, You can ignore them.
- After successful installation, you can find the icon in your App drawer, Tap on it.
- Next select “Install SuperSu” and after that select “Gandalf” under the exploits to initiate the rooting process.
- After the completion of the rooting process, you will get a message saying “SuperUser and Super Su binary successfully installed on your device”.
- Now you need to reboot your device to complete the process.
That’s it you have successfully rooted LG Optimus F5 by following our guide on “How to Root LG Optimus F5“. You can confirm the same by downloading “Root Checker” from Play Store. In case if you are having any problems while following any steps mentioned above do comment below so that we can help you out.