Are you not satisfied with the range of your Wi-Fi connection? The signals are good and strong when you are close to the Wi-Fi modem and as soon as you go far away from the Wi-Fi modem the signals become weaker and weaker? Then you are at the right place because this article will help you boost and get stronger signals from your Wi-Fi modem.
There are a variety of factors that can effect both the network and the coverage which has a direct impact on the range of your Wi-Fi network. In general, we term these issues as performance issues and we will tell you few tips that can help in improving the performance issues.
Distance is certainly the most important factor for the bad performance of your Wi-Fi network. Room infrastructure also plays a vital role in strengthening the signals of your Wi-Fi network. If the signals bounce too many times from the corners of the room before coming to your wireless device then you can have a problem with its strength. So to boost your signals and strengthen the Wi-Fi network you need to receive the direct signals down the line which depends on the quality of the line and the service you pay for. However, there are many factors which helps in strengthening your Wi-Fi signals, here are few of them.
- The most important way is simply by tweaking your wireless network.
- Your router might need a firm update and the hardware can be improved by updating the software.
- You should place your Wi-Fi router at such a place where the signals can directly reach your devices with maximum effectiveness of signals. Radio waves are best for strengthening of signals as they travel latterly so your Wi-Fi router must be placed at a height, close to your roof.
- Wi-Fi modem should be kept away from microwaves, ovens and other electronic devices as they can damage the device and decrease the strength. It should also be kept away from power cords, computer wires and halogen lamps as these wires and waves usually interfere with the radio reception of your Wi-Fi modem.
- Use a repeater or wireless bridge to increase the range and if you are at a distance from the wireless access point then install a wireless signal repeater. In order to get maximum strength of the signals you should place the repeater half way between the computer and Wi-Fi modem.
- You should change the settings from WPA to WEP because WEP is more secured than WPA/WPA2.
- Try to connect least number of devices to your Wi-Fi network and do not publicize your network name.
These steps usually helps to boost and strengthen Wi-Fi signals. If you have any other suggestion leave them in the comment section below.