We store a lot of important data in our Android devices and to protect it from falling into the wrong hands, we make sure that the phone is locked securely. For this very same reason, we all use either a pattern lock or a password lock on your devices. But what happens if you keep a tough pattern or password and you forget about it? You don’t need to worry about that now because in this article, you will see a simple way to bypass Android’s pattern lock, password and even PIN lock.
If you are worrying that using this method, anyone will be able to change your device’s lock and access all the data on your phone, then you don’t need to worry about that because only you will be able to perform this bypass.
I have successfully done it on my Galaxy Note 2 and I am pretty sure that you won’t be facing any difficulties in bypassing the pattern lock or password or PIN lock on your device as well.
Note: You should have ADM (Android Device Manager) enabled on your smartphone otherwise you won’t be able to use this method. You can learn more about ADM here.
Steps to Bypass Android’s Pattern Lock, Password and PIN
I have locked my phone using pattern lock and this is how the lock screen looks before:
1. Go to google.com/android/devicemanager on your computer or using any other mobile phone and sign in using your Google login details that you also used on your locked phone.
2. Once you are logged in, you will see a map and a small box on the top left corner. By default, your device will be selected in it but if it isn’t then select your device or the device that you want to unlock and then click on the Lock option.
3. Now a window will appear on your computer screen and you will be asked to enter a temporary password. Enter a temporary password and click on the Lock option.
4. Once this process is done, you will then see a confirmation message below the box on the top-left corner.
5. Now on your locked device, you will now see a password field instead of the pattern lock. Enter the temporary password in the password field. This will unlock your device!
6. Now before you do anything else, go to the Lock screen settings on your phone and remove the temporary password and select other lock screen option.
That’s it! You have successfully bypassed your Android’s pattern lock. There is one another method as well if you are using a Samsung device.
You can go to Samsung Find My Mobile web page and using your Samsung account details, you can unlock your device’s lock screen. (I don’t know my Samsung account details so I am going to skip this part). However it is really simple, all you have to do is login to your account and select “Unlock my Screen” on the left sidebar and within moments, your phone will be unlocked.
So that was the simple guide on how to bypass Android’s pattern lock, password and even PIN. If you ever choose to select one of these options as your lock screen, make sure it is something that you remember!