If you use an iPhone or an iPad and you feel that your eyes are hurting while using the device then the reason for that would either be the screen brightness level or the size of the text on the device. Now adjusting the screen brightness level is not hard and you can select the level which suits you best but not many people know how to change the text size on iPhone or iPad.
It is a simple setting that not many people know or don’t care about. But if you use your smartphone for a long time then you should make sure that you take proper precautions to avoid any eye-related problems in the future.
So today we are going to see the simplest and the official way to change the text size on iPhone, iPad as well as on iPod Touch.
Steps to Change Text Size on iPhone and iPad
The steps are a little bit different for different iOS versions so make sure you check the version of iOS running on your device and then proceed accordingly.
1. For iOS 6 and Earlier Versions
If you are using iPhone running iOS 6 or earlier versions, which I highly doubt then you should follow the below steps.
- Unlock your iPhone or other iOS device and go to the app drawer.
- In the app drawer, tap on the Settings button and then tap on the General option to select it.
- Now you need to scroll down until you see Accessibility option. Tap on it to select it.
- Finally you will see an option that says Large Text. Tap on it and then select the font size that you want to apply to your smartphone and the ones that you are comfortable with.
2. For iOS 7 and iOS 8
Now these are the iOS versions that most of the iPhones and iPads run on so if your smartphone or tablet also runs on the latest versions then follow the below steps to change text size on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad and go to the App Drawer.
- Then tap on the Settings button and select the General Option.
- Scroll down and then select the Accessibility option and then you will see a Text Size option under it.
- Now you need to slide the slider to increase or decrease the text size. Choose the perfect text size that you are comfortable with and you are done.
The above are the steps that you need to follow in order to change text size on iPhone, iPad as well as iPod Touch. So go now and try some new text sizes and if you are facing any difficulty in finding the option or changing the size then please comment below and we will try to help you out.