Whenever you buy a new Apple device, the most important thing you need, to run it effortlessly is the Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID then you will need to create one before you start using your Apple device to its full potential. So today in this article we are going to see how exactly your can create Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and also how you can do it if you own a Mac.
If you are wondering why you need to create an Apple ID then you should know that a lot of features in devices running on iOS platform depend on this ID. You need to check out the below section to know more about Apple ID and why it is so important.
Why Is Creating an Apple ID so Important?
An Apple ID contains all the important details and information that will smooth all the interactions between you and the services that Apple provides. Think of it as a passport to the Apple ecosystem!
When you purchase a Mac, you will need an Apple ID to start it up for the very first time. And when you are logged in with your Apple ID, it will prevent you from entering your information every time you need to purchase an app or download it from the Mac Store.
Since your Apple ID contains all your information, you will find it very easy and time-saving in the future when you are dealing with Apple services. When you visit an Apple Retail Store, you will not have to wait for them to print out all the documents and bills and give it to you. They can just mail all the documents to your email id which will save a lot of time.
Almost all the Apple services require an Apple ID to work and here are some of the best ones:
- iTunes Match
- iTunes Home Sharing
- Mac App Store
How to Create Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch?
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device. (You can also visit iTunes store or iBooks store)
- Choose any of the available free apps in the store or choose a song, a video or a free book.
- Now you need to click on the Get button next to the item and then again you will have to click on the Get button again on that item’s page.
- You will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- You will also see an option to Create New Apple ID. Click on it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Now when you are taken to the payments page, select None.
- Once all of this is completed, you will be asked to verify your Apple ID via email. So make sure you verify it because only then will you be able to use it.
How to Create Apple ID on Mac or PC?
- First of all open iTunes on your Mac or PC and then click on the iTunes store button on top of the window to go to the iTunes store.
- Scroll down and select your country’s flag in the lower-right corner of the window.
- Now you need to go to either the App Store, Music store, TV or Books section by clicking on the icons on the upper-left corner and then select any of the free app or a free song, video or book.
- When you find a free item, you will see a Get button just under it. Click on that button and you will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Just below that, you will see a button that says Create Apple ID. Click on it and follow the onscreen instructions and select None when you are asked for payment information.
- After all this is done, verify your Apple ID through email and you are all set.
Note: If you use Family Sharing and you are the family organizer then you can’t set your payment information to None and you will have to add a valid credit/debit card in the payment information.
That’s the complete guide on your how you create Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and even on your Mac or PC. So if you are having any difficulties in creating one for yourself then do let us know by using the comments section below.