If you have a YouTube channel then you should also have the knowledge of how to delete YouTube channel and the whole account as well. The reason to delete your YouTube channel might be that you are shutting down a particular channel or you are not getting what you expected. Whatever the reason might be, you can remove the entire YouTube account or just a particular channel.
When you create a new Google account, you will notice that you get a lot of Google services as well like YouTube, Google+ and others. We have already shared with you how you can delete Google+ account. When you delete your Google+ account, you will see that the YouTube account connected with that Gmail account will also be deleted.
If you don’t want to go through that article then follow the steps below to delete the YouTube account without disturbing other Google services.
How to Delete YouTube Account?
- Go to google.com/account and log in with the Gmail account from which you want to remove the YouTube channel.
- Then scroll down to the Account Management section and click on Delete Google+ Profile and features.
- You will then be taken to another page – plus.google.com/downgrade where you will have to sign in once again.
- Once you are logged in, scroll down the page and tick on both the checkboxes at the bottom of the page and finally click on the Remove Selected Services.
That’s it! You have now successfully deleted the YouTube account along with your Google+ profile and related services.
But if you own multiple channels and you want to remove some of them or any one in particular then you need to follow the below steps to remove a YouTube channel.
How to Delete YouTube Channel?
- Go to https://www.youtube.com and log in to your account using your Gmail ID.
- Once logged in, click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the screen and then you will see a small gear icon just below your name in the drop-down menu. Click on the gear button to launch the YouTube Settings tab.
- Now below the name of the YouTube channel, you will see an Advanced option. (Select the channel that you want to delete)
- Now at the end of the page, you will see an option to delete the channel. Click on the Delete Channel button.
- You might be asked to sign in once again so log in once more and then finally hit the Delete Channel button and your channel will be deleted.
So that’s it, you are done! You have successfully deleted your YouTube channel and you can repeat the process with other channels as well.
I hope that now you know how to delete your YouTube account and also delete YouTube channel as well. If you find any difficulty or you have any queries then do please let us know via the comments below.