Many of you have been using Google Analytics for knowing visitors count, bounce rate etc of your website. How many of you know how to find the peak traffic hour using it ?. Google Analytics will help you to find the hour which you get the highest traffic. This data will definitely help you to decide the down time of your website for some upgrades or changing your hosting plan. Here are the steps in detail to find it out.
- Go to Google Analytics and sign in with your email and password.
- Click on the website profile for which you want to find the peak traffic hours.
- On the left sidebar you can see a ‘Visitors’ menu, click on it.
- Select ‘Visitor Trending->Visits’.
- Adjust the dates according to your interest. There is an option to sort the graph by hours, click on it.
Now you can see the hour which your website got the highest amount of traffic and you can also see that there are some hours which your website is not gaining much traffic.
This is useful to find out when does your visitors check your site. You can adjust your time accordingly. It’s helpful to target readers at the right time to attract more traffic. For example, you can post on Facebook and Twitter comparative more during the peak hours as compared to other times.
Do share this with new bloggers and needy webmasters to help them.