If you are among the group of people who love to use social apps for your favorite blogs and newspaper. But often worry about your privacy. There may be times when you could have told yourself that I’ll never this kind of news ever again on Facebook. But reading celebrity gossips, wardrobe malfunction, who left whom and married whom, how to get six pack abs, how to be a dude, and other interesting news is what we like. But reading these kinds of posts and articles may end up degrading up your reputation. As whatever you read using social apps on Facebook ends up showing on your facebook timeline. Now you don’t want your friends to know what you read today as it may be embarrassing for everyone.
If you don’t think you need to hide what you read through social apps. Then here’s a Reason for you
Just for example you saw an article regarding wardrobe malfunction of a famous celebrity and you read it. And you may have younger cousins, girlfriend or wife, and other siblings who’ll be notified that you read this article. Just think embarrassing moment when you meet them in person. Don’t want to go through it now do you?
Don’t delete the social apps
To save yourself from embarrassing moments like the one I mentioned, you’ll think that deleting the social apps is the best solution. No, I don’t think the same. If you delete these social apps, you may end up missing important news like poll position of elections being held.
So the best solution is hiding what you read using social apps from your facebook timeline. Here’s how to do it
- Login to your facebook account.
- Now click on the arrow just next to Home, and click on Privacy Settings.
- Now click on Edit Settings, next to Ads, Apps and Websites. A new page will open click on Edit Settings again to open your facebook App Settings page.
- Now find the social app for your social reader, and click on Edit.
- Choose Only Me from the option: Who can see posts this app makes for you on your Facebook timeline?
- And you’re done. Now you don’t have to worry about what you read on Facebook using social apps.
Closing Words: I think deleting is not the only way to work around with social apps on Facebook, and the fact that no news is bad. It’s just not good for everyone.