If you have an Android device with old hardware and you want to run the modern apps that demand for more RAM then you are at the right place. In this article we will tell you how to increase RAM of your Android device without even rooting it. So let’s get started.
Limit Widgets & Live Wallpapers
Widgets are the main causes for your device getting extremely slow because most of the widgets refresh from time to time and keep on eating the RAM while could be utilized for other purposes. Moreover most of the live wallpapers and animated wallpapers also make your device slow by continuously eating your device’s RAM that you can save by setting up a normal wallpaper like a photo of yourself or your family. Both the widgets and wallpapers not only kill your RAM but also drain your battery faster than you think.
You should disable the useless applications that are not in use because some of the applications run in background and take up a lot of your device’s RAM even when they are not being used by you. So you should follow these steps and disable the useless applications and improve your device’s performance.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Go to the Apps option.
- Go to the Application Manager option.
- Go to the All tab.
- Select the application that you want to disable.
- Tap on the Disable option.
- Tap on the Confirm button.
- That’s all.
Animations are very appealing to your eyes but if you want to run your device fast then you need to disable them because they use up a lot of RAM and are not at all beneficial for your device. In order to disable your devices animations you first need to activate the developer option on your device. If it is already activated then skip the below section otherwise you must follow it and enable the Developer Options on your device.
- Go to the Setting option.
- Go to the About Phone option.
- Scroll down and look for the Build Number option.
- Tap about 7 times on the Build Number option.
- Wait for it to show a message that says You have become a developer.
- That’s all.
You have successfully enabled the Developer Options on your device. Now you can disable the animations on your device.
- Go to the Settings section.
- Go to the Developer Options section.
- Go to the Drawing section.
- Turn off the following options to disable animations:
- Window animation scale
- Transition Animation scale
- Animator duration scale
- That’s all.
Your device should now have a plenty of RAM available to run all those modern applications and give a better performance that will make you forget that you have an outdated phone with old hardware configuration. If you have any suggestions regarding this article then leave them in the comments section below.