Android L was announced and all are waiting eagerly to get the update from the respective manufacturers. Still there are devices which are not going to get the Android 4.4.4 update and Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of them. Samsung Galaxy S3 was the flagship device of Samsung which was released back in 2012 and the hardware is capable of running latest Android firmware but Samsung has skipped the update for the device which means no further official updates. So if you are a Samsung Galaxy S3 user and looking to update it to latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat then you can follow this guide on “How to Install Android 4.4.4 on Samsung Galaxy S3“
So before we jump into our guide this is not official update from Samsung. The update process is carried in the form of Custom Roms and Installing Custom Rom voids warranty. You can flash back the stock Rom anytime you want to get back the warranty. However we at TheGeekDaily are not responsible for your bricked devices and damaged SD Cards, This guide is for educational purposes only.
Prerequisites Install Android 4.4.4 on Samsung Galaxy S3
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and having custom recovery installed on it. You can check our guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have charged your device atleast 80%.
- Backup all important data on your device as you may loss all the data stored on your device.
- Download Custom Rom file from Here.
After downloading the necessary files make sure that you follow all the steps mentioned below. Don’t skip even a single step which may brick your device.
Procedure to Install Android 4.4.4 on Samsung Galaxy S3
- Connect your device to the computer where you have downloaded the files.
- Now transfer the Custom Rom to your internal SD card.
- Now disconnect the device from your computer and Turn off your device.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode with the key combination of Volume Up + Power Button + Home button hold them and release them when you see Samsung logo.
- Take the backup of your Rom using the recovery menu.
- Now do a factory reset by wiping Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache in the recovery mode.
- After doing Factory Reset select install zip from SD card and select the custom rom file which you copied earlier.
- Installation takes a few minutes.
- After installation do a factory reset and reboot the device.
- Now you are running Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S3.
You will get all the features of the Android 4.4.4 after installing the Custom Rom and there are no bugs in the rom which makes it the best Custom Rom for daily usage. Hope this guide on How to Install Android 4.4.4 on Samsung Galaxy S3 helped you to update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. Do leave your feedback in comments section below.