Nokia X is a Dual SIM smart phone that has a 4 inch IPS display with a resolution of 480 x 800 with 3 MP rear camera. It is powered by a dual core 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play processor and Adreno 203 GPU along with 512 MB RAM and 4 GB internal storage. It comes with Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and has a 1500 mAh battery. All these features bundled in this device that comes for Rs. 5000 only. If you have already bought the Nokia X and want to install CWM recovery on it then continue to read this post.
dhacker29, a Senior XDA Developer has developed an unofficial CWM port for Nokia X. He has ported the CWM from the CyanogenMod builds and is currently in beta stage. In this article we will show you how to install CWM recovery on your Nokia X and after installing it you will be able to flash custom ROMs, scripts, software packages and kernels.
How To Install CWM Recovery On Nokia X
- As a precaution, backup all your important data.
- Download fast boot and adb drivers from here. [Link]
- Download the CWM recovery for Nokia X from here. [Link]
- Extract the fast boot folder anywhere and move the CWM recovery file into that folder.
- Now connect your Nokia X to your computer.
- Open command prompt in the fast boot folder and execute the following commands.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot -i 0×0421 flash recovery cwm-6028-normandy.img
- If your Nokia X shows a successful message then unplug it and reboot to recovery otherwise reinstall the drivers and try to follow the steps again.
- That’s all.
You have successfully installed CWM recovery on your Nokia X and now you can tweak your device according to your needs.
Note: We are not held responsible for any kind of damage so do at your own risk.