This article will tell you how to install Cydia on your iPhone, iPad or iPod with iOS 8 or iOS 8.1 but before you get started make sure that you have used Pangu8 to jailbreak your device. If you have not jailbreak using Pangu8 and want to know how to jailbreak using Pangu8 then refer to this article: How To Jailbreak iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 Untethered using Pangu8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod. Once you are done with the jailbreak process then you can follow this article to know how to install Cydia on it.
How To Install Cydia
- First of all you need to create a backup of all your important data.
- Next you need to connect your PC and your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Then you need to launch the Pangu application on your iOS device.
- Inside the Pangu application look for the OpenSSH option and open it.
- You need to install the OpenSSH on your iOS device.
- You can find the Install option on the top right corner of your screen.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Next you need to download the .deb file for Cydia from here. [Link]
- Also you need to download the iproj file for Cydia from here. [Link]
- Now transfer both the files to your iOS device using WinSCP which you can download from here. [Link]
- To transfer the files you need to get the IP address and for that you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings option.
- Go to the Wi-Fi option.
- Find the Wi-Fi hotspot that both your PC and iOS device are connected to.
- To know the IP address of your Wi-Fi hotspot tap on the i button.
- That’s all.
- Now open the SFTP client on your PC that you just download and enter the following information:
- IP address: Refer to the step above this step.
- Username: root
- Password: alpine
- Now the file browser will open and you can drop both the files in the root folder of your iOS device.
- Once the files get transferred press Ctrl + T on your PC to start the SSH Command Line Session and enter the following commands:
dpkg -i cydia lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb
- Now reboot your iOS device.
- You will find that the Cydia app is installed on your iOS device.
- That’s all. You have successfully installed Cydia.
If you face any problem while installing Cydia on your iPhone, iPad or iPod with iOS 8 or iOS 8.1 then leave them in the comments section below and we will try to resolve the problem as soon as possible.