Cydia is an unparalleled third party provider of Apps, themes and customization for iOS powered devices. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, Check out What is Cydia. In a nutshell it allows you to search and download apps for your jailbroken iPhone, iPod and the iPad.
How to Install Cydia
1. Before jumping into Installing Cydia, you need to Jailbreak your iPhone/iPad/iPad. Learn how to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1. Jailbreaking your device may void your warranty, make you sure perform a full backup to ensure the safety of your data, later in future if wish to restore it to default
2. If you follow the Jailbreak guide link mentioned in the above step, you should have the icon of Cydia on your homescreen.
3. After the first launch of the app, Cydia will initialize Filesystem. You will be prompted to choose from three different interfaces User, Hacker and Developer. If you wish to use it for general purpose choose User
4. In the next screen, you might be prompted to Upgrade the app. You will be given three Options Essential Update, Complete Update, Ignore . Since it is the first application launch on your device, Complete Update is recommended
5. After Choosing your upgrade package, the upgrade wizard automatically downloads necessary files which weight around 5 mb and subsequently gets installed on your iOS powered device.
6. With the finish of Update process, you need Restart Cydia by touching ‘Close Cydia (Restart)’ button in the update interface.
Enjoy not being restricted to App World for download your apps and theme customization on your iPhone, iPod and iPad
Install Cydia without Jailbreak
Unfortunately, Cydia cannot be Installed without Jailbreaking. If you’re concerned about warranty and official support getting void after jailbreak. Good news, you can restore your iPhone, iPod, iPad back to factory settings and configuration through iTune ‘Restore’ wizard.