All Android fans have been eagerly looking forward to the Android 4.0 a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich OS update for their handsets. Though only a few devices have got the update so far, the good news is that the ICS ROM is finally available for HTC Evo 4G so you might want to upgrade your phone to this latest version of Android. Here is a tutorial in which we will show you how you can install the ICS update on HTC Evo 4G.
However before you proceed, it is advisable to back-up all your data so you don’t lose any data in case anything goes wrong during the installation process. Also you need to root your device which will void the warranty. However if you still want to install the ICS update, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Download the ICS ROM from this link and copy it to the root of your SD card.
2. Hold down the volume key on your handset when you press the Power button in order to boot into the recovery mode.
3. Tap on Wipe data/factory reset, followed by Wipe cache and finally on Wipe Dalvik cache.
4. Now select Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and navigate to the ROM that you copied to the phone in the first step.
5. Reboot your device once the installation is complete.
Voila! You have successfully installed the ICS update on your HTC Evo 4G smartphone.