The latest version of Android i.e. Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich is finally available for download. Optimus 3D users can now update their mobile to the ICS using this simple tutorial which shows how you can install ICS on your LG Optimus 3D smartphone.
Before Installing the Update:
First and foremost you need to enable USB debugging on your handset by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Also you need to root your device in order to be able to install the ICS update. If you don’t know how to root it, read this tutorial.
Make sure you back up all your data so that in case anything goes wrong you don’t lose your vital data.
Steps for Installing ICS:
1. Download the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Firmware Zip to your computer via this link.
2. Now connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable.
3. Locate the zip file you had downloaded and copy it to your phone.
4. Now download the ROM manager from the Android market and install it.
5. Launch the ROM manager on your phone and select “Flash Clock Work Mod” option to flash it.
6. Tap on “Backup Current ROM” option in the ROM manager to create a backup of your current ROM so that you can revert back to the previous ROM if need arises.
7. Now select “Install ROM from SD Card” option in the ROM manager and choose the zip file you had copied to your phone (IceCREAMSandwich4.0_for_LGOptimus3D_KingROM).
8. The process of firmware update will commence and will be completed in a few minutes, after which the device will restart on its own.
Voila! You can now enjoy using Ice Cream Sandwich OS on your LG Optimus 3D smartphone!
Did you like this tutorial? Do express your views in the comment section below.