LG G4 H815 is the current flagship device in the market which is giving enough competition to Samsung Galaxy S6 and a few others. The device sports a 5.5″ IPS LCD display with a whopping ~538 ppi which produces vivid colors. Under the hood, the device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor coupled with 3 GB of Ram. The device ships with Android 5.1 Lollipop and is upgradable to all future versions of android. If you are looking for a way to Root LG G4 H815 then you can follow our guide on “How to Install TWRP Recovery & Root LG G4 H815“.
The performance of the device can be tweaked further by rooting it. As the manufacture locks certain settings which cannot be accessed until you root the device. You can even try flashing custom ROMs which changes the way your device looks and performs. Rooting voids warranty and you can get it back easily by unrooting LG G4 H815.
Warning : The Geek Daily is not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. All guides available on the site are for educational purposes only. Rooting voids warranty. Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites to Root LG G4 H815
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on LG G4 H815. Don’t try this guide on other LG G4 Variants which might brick them.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
- Unlock your device’s bootloader from here.
Downloads to Root LG G4 H815
After checking the prerequisites, You need to download few files to root LG G4 H815. Do check and download them.
Procedure to Install TWRP Recovery on LG G4 H815
First you need to install a custom recovery on your device in order to root your device. Follow below steps to flash TWRP Recovery on LG G4 H815.
- Make sure that you have read prerequisites and downloaded the necessary files onto your machine.
- Extract the ADB & Fastboot drivers somewhere on your desktop.
- Rename the TWRP Recovery Image ==> “recovery.img” and transfer it to the extracted folder.
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Now go to the extracted folder and press “Shift + Right Click” and select “Open Command window here“.
- Now type in the following commands
- ADB reboot bootloader (It will boot your device into bootloader mode).
- Next type fastboot boot recovery.img and hit enter.( This will boot your device into TWRP recovery. proceed further to flash recovery on your device).
- In the recovery screen click on Install >> Images and select the “recovery.img“.
- Now you will get an option to “Select Partition to flash Image” then select recovery.
- Next swipe to confirm.
- It will take a while for the procedure to complete.
- After the completion of the process click “Back” button and select reboot to restart your device.
That’s it you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on LG G4 H815 and just a step away to root LG G4 H815.
Procedure to Root LG G4 H815
- Make sure that your device has a custom recovery installed and you have downloaded SuperSu.Zip from above links.
- Now transfer the downloaded “SuperSu.zip” to your device’s internal SD Card.
- Next you need to boot your device into recovery mode for that you need to redo the steps 4 & 5 which are mentioned above.
- Next type in the command “adb reboot recovery“
- Now your device boots into TWRP Recovery Screen.
- Select “Install ” and select SuperSu.Zip.
- Flashing may take a while be patient.
- After successful flashing of SuperSu.Zip, Select Reboot from the recovery screen.
You have successfully rooted LG G4 H815 by following our guide on “How to Root LG G4 H815 & Install CWM Recovery“. If you are having any queries do drop them below via comments. Do share the article if it helped you.