In this article we will tell you the easiest way to Jailbreak iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 Untethered using Pangu8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod that was officially announced by Pangu Team. So let’s get started.
- First of all you need to turn off lock screen pass code or Touch ID.
- Then you need to turn off Find My iPhone service.
- Next you need to make lots of free storage space in order to run Pangu.
- You need to have an iTunes restored verison of iOS 8.x because jailbreak won’t work if you update it via OTA.
To solve this problem you can download it from the internet and restore using iTunes.
- For precaution make a complete backup of your device using iTunes.
- Check for your iTunes version because you must have iTunes 12.0.1 or later installed otherwise jailbreak won’t work.
- You need to run iTunes in the background while you are doing the jailbreak.
How To Jailbreak
- First of all you need to download and install Pangu8. [Link]
- Next you need to connect your device to your PC.
- Then uncheck the box that says PP.
- Now press the blue button to start the jailbreak process.
- Be patient and wait for your device to reboot a couple of times.
- After the jailbreak process completes you will see a Pangu icon on your home screen.
- If you see the icon that means you have successfully jailbreak your device and if you do not see any icon that means you have not followed the steps correctly and you need to repeat the steps again.
- Next you need to install Cydia on your device because Pangu8 doesn’t do that for you.
- That’s all.
Supported Devices and Firmwares
Currently the Pangu8 jailbreak is supported by the following devices iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5 and the following firmware iOS 8.0, iOS 8.0.1, iOS 8.0.2, iOS 8.1.
If you are still facing any type of problem while jailbreak process then leave them in the comments section below and we will try to solve it as soon as possible.
Note: Try this at your own risk. We are not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device.