The Latest version of Absinthe, Absinthe 2.0 makes jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPad a child’s play. The Jailbreak universe has a lot to offer, you can install third party apps and customization from Cydia on your iOS device.
Absinthe 2.0 Compatibility
iPhone: 3GS, 4 and the 4S
iPad: All versions supported (1, 2 and 3)
iPod: Touch 3rd Gen and Touch 4th Gen
Absinthe 2.0 only supports untethered Jailbreak. If you have no idea untethered Jailbreak means, Take a look at Semi Tethered vs Untethered vs Tethered Jailbreak
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1
- Plug in your device to your PC through USB. If you wish to stay safe with any errors and bugs you encounter, a complete backup is suggested
- Launch iTune, Select your iOS device in the ‘devices’ tab, Right Click and Click ‘Backup’
- Download Absinthe from the links provided below and run the application on your PC.
- Select ‘Jailbreak’ from the Absinthe interface and wait till the ‘Jailbreak is Finished’ notifications pops up.
Absinthe 2.0 Download Links
How to Untether already Jailbroken device
- Install Cydia on your Jailbroken iOS device
- Search for ‘Rocky Raccoon’ , Download and Install the package of the relevant result on your device.
- Restart your Device, That’s it, Easy as Pie.