Call recording feature is becoming more and more popular nowadays and there are many reasons why this has happened. Most of the work is done via smartphones in current times like conducting interviews, making conference calls, conducting business meetings and it has become crucial to record all those just for future references.
If you are looking for a definitive and best way to record calls then you need to check out Google Voice service. Since the service is offered by Google, you can be assured that it will be reliable. You can easily record calls using Google Voice and it doesn’t matter whether you are using an Android smartphone or iPhone.
So in this article, I am going to show you the exact steps that you need to follow in order to record all your calls using Google Voice on Android as well as iOS devices.
How to Record Calls Using Google Voice?
Before we get started, you should know one thing that recording calls is not legal anywhere. You should check the laws of your country before recording any calls to save yourself from any future problems.
In some countries, the law states that both the parties should agree to record any calls while some country law states that only one party is required to agree for it.
And to comply with all the laws, Google Voice provides an automated verbal announcement to all the parties when the call is being recorded and when it is stopped recording. So you should know that the other person will know when you record calls using Google Voice.
Now that you know about the Google Voice features and the compliance policies, you need to follow the steps below to record calls using Google Voice.
- First of all, you need to go to the Google Voice homepage and create an account or sign in with your Gmail ID. (Google Voice homepage)
- Once you have created your account, log in to your dashboard and then click on the gear icon and then click on the Settings tab.
- Then you need to click on the Calls tab and under that tab, check the Enable Recording box next to the Call Options.
- You have completed all the settings. (Make sure that your phone number is added in your account)
- Now whenever you receive a phone call on your device (Android or iPhone), all you have to do is just press the 4 key on the keyboard while on the call to start recording.
- If you wish to stop the recording then you need to press 4 key once again.
So that’s how you can record calls using Google Voice on your Android or iOS device. However you should note that the service currently doesn’t support recording outbound calls.
All the recorded calls are stored online and to access them you need to access your Google Voice inbox and on the left-hand side, click on the Recorded Calls button and all the recorded calls will appear along side the contact’s picture.
I hope that you will now be able to record calls using Google Voice but if you are facing any difficulties then you can get in touch with us via the comments below.