Everyone uses Facebook to stay in touch with their friends and also to make new friends. Mostly people use Facebook to chat with their friends and share photos of their trips with everyone. But if you want to see a very old message on Facebook and you are not able to find it then here’s a way to recover deleted messages and photos on Facebook.
There might be many reasons to recover your older messages – for showing it as a proof to something that you said and no one believed or any other reason like that. And with this simple method, you will be able to get all your data including each and every message that you sent and received from the time you created your account and each photo that you uploaded or were tagged in from the beginning.
So let’s see the simple steps involved in the process to recover deleted messages and photos on Facebook.
Steps to Recover Deleted Messages and Photos on Facebook
1. Click on the drop-down menu on the top-right corner of your Facebook account and from the menu, click on the Settings tab.
2. Next you will see a General Account Settings page. Under the general settings, you will see an option that says “Download a copy of you Facebook data”. Click on that link.
3. Now you will be taken to another page with a button that says “Start my Archive”. Click on the button and then you will be asked to enter your Facebook password. Enter your password and then hit the Submit button. This will start archiving your data and once it is done, you will receive an email from Facebook.
4. You will receive two emails from Facebook – one will be a notification that you have requested to download your data and after a few minutes, you will receive another one with a link to download your data.
5. Once you have received the second email as well, click on the download link in it and it will open another page on Facebook with the button download the data archive.
6. Click on the download button and once again enter your password and all your data will be downloaded on your computer’s storage in a zip file.
7. Now you need to extract the contents of the zip file and you will see 2 folders and one HTML file in it. Click on the html folder to open it.
8. You will see a number of html files in the folder. But since we need to recover messages on Facebook, we will double-click on the messages file to open it in the browser.
9. When you click on the file, all your messages will appear on your browser. These are the messages from the time that you created your Facebook account, so there might be thousands of messages and conversations in that.
Similarly, you can either click on the Photos tab in the left sidebar to access all your photos or click on the photos html file in the html folder to recover your photos on Facebook.
So that was the simple and the official way to recover deleted messages and photos on Facebook, don’t forget to share the post with your friends!