Apple ID is one of the most important things for anyone who has an Apple device like iPhone or Mac. If you too are having an iOS device, then you would have an Apple ID too. It’s like a passport for Apple ecosystem.
In one of the articles, we talked about how to create an Apple ID but if for some reason, you want to remove the Apple ID from your device and don’t know exactly how to do that, then in this article, we are going to explain you how to remove Apple ID using your iOS device or using your PC/Mac.
Apple ID is required for a lot of apps and services to work. Some of the apps and services that use Apple ID are iCloud, Facetime, iMessage, iTunes, Mac App Store and many others. So if you are sure about removing the ID from your device, then follow the below steps to do so.
How to Remove Apple ID Using iOS Device?
Removing the ID from your phone is extremely simple. All you have to do is follow some simple steps to make it work.
- Go to Settings > iCloud and then tap on Delete Account on your iOS device.
- Next go to iTunes & App Store, click on Apple ID and finally click on Sign Out button.
- Go to Music and select Apple ID under the Home Sharing option and then click on Sign Out.
- Open Message in Settings menu, click on Send and Receive, then select Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
- Go to Game Center, choose Apple ID and click on Sign Out.
- Go to Facetime, choose Apple ID and click on Sign Out.
- Do the same thing for Mail, Contacts, Calendars and other services using Apple ID and Sign Out from there as well.
Now, you can simply add a new Apple ID on your device using the guide about creating a new Apple ID that we posted previously.
How to Remove Apple ID Using a Computer/Mac?
- First of all, make sure that you have iTunes software installed on your computer and that Apple ID has already been added to it.
- Now open iTunes and using the drop-down menu on the top, go to iTunes store.
- Now click on the View My Apple ID option.
- If you don’t see your ID, click on Sign in and enter your username and password to log in to your account.
- Now go to Account Information and then click on Deauthorize All and click Deauthorize All Computers in the pop-up to remove all the computers associated with your Apple ID.
- Now click on the iTunes in the Cloud option and click on the Manage Devices tab. Finally, remove all the devices that are listed there.
Note: These methods used to work before but now I am not sure about it. It would be much better if you got in touch with a customer representative from Apple and convinced them to delete your ID by authenticating yourself quickly.
I hope that you will be able to remove Apple ID from your devices easily by following this article. If you have any queries, do drop them in the comments section below.