Asus Zenfone 5 is creating a lot of buzz nowadays which is giving head to head competition for its competitors like Xiaomi, Micromax, etc. Asus Zenfone 5 sports a 5″ IPS display with vivid viewing angles. Under the hood, the device is powered by a 2 GHz dual-core processor coupled with 2 GB Ram. The device ships with Android 4.3 JellyBean which is upgradable to Android Lollipop but the device is waiting to receive its KitKat update.
If you own the device and searching for a guide to “Root Asus Zenfone 5” then you are at the right place. Asus Zenfone series sports Intel processor rather than Mediatek or Snapdragon those which you usually spot on the devices at the same price range. Asus Zenfone 5 managed to outrank many devices with its rock solid performance.
The performance of the device can be tweaked more and even you can update your device to latest Android Lollipop. To do these, you need to root Asus Zenfone 5. Rooting helps you gain administrative access your device so that you can enjoy the super user benefits by flashing custom ROMs and tweaks. Follow step by step tutorial to root your Asus Zenfone 5.
Warning : The Geek Daily is not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. All guides available on the site are for educational purposes only. Rooting voids warranty. Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites to Root Asus Zenfone 5
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Asus Zenfone 5 . Don’t try this guide on Asus Zenfone series other than Zenfone 5 which might brick them.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
Required downloads to Root Asus Zenfone 5
Procedure to Root Asus Zenfone 5
- Make sure that you have read the prerequisites and downloaded the necessary files from above links.
- Install “Intel USB Drivers” on your computer if you don’t have USB drivers installed on your computer.
- Extract “Asus Zenfone 5 Root Kit” anywhere on your computer.
- Now connect your device to a computer and wait for few seconds so that the computer will recognize your device.
- Navigate to extracted folder and run the file named “Root-Zenfone5.bat“.
- This will start the procedure. Sit back and relax, Your device will be rebooted several times during the rooting process.
- After successful completion, you will get a message “All Done, Enjoy your rooted Zenfone 5” in command prompt.
You have successfully rooted Asus Zenfone 5 by following our guide on “How to root Asus Zenfone 5“. You can check whether your device is rooted or not by downloading “Root Checker” application from play store. You have rooted your device. Now let’s have a look at “How to Unroot Asus Zenfone 5“.
Procedure to UnRoot Asus Zenfone 5
UnRooting your device is simple and you can do it within 5 minutes. Just follow below steps
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Navigate to extracted folder and run “UnRoot-Zenfone5.bat“.
- During the process, your device will be rebooted several times.
That’s it you have successfully unrooted your device. If you are facing any issues do comment below so that we can solve your queries.