Infocus is a new smartphone brand in the Indian markets. Infocus released Infocus M2 which is selling off the shelves every time when it is back in stock. The device is announced back in March 2015. The device sports a decent 4.2″ display coupled with 1.2 GHz Quad-core processor and 1 GB of Ram. If you own an Infocus M2 then you must be looking for a way to “Root Infocus M2“. If you are searching for the same then you are at the right place. You can follow our guide to “Root Infocus M2 & Install Custom Recovery“.
Warning : The Geek Daily is not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. All guides available on the site are for educational purposes only. Rooting voids warranty. Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites to Root Infocus M2
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Infocus M2. Don’t try this guide on other Infocus devices which might brick them.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
Downloads to Root Infocus M2
After checking the prerequisites, you need to download few files to root Infocus M2. Do check and download them.
Procedure to Root Infocus M2
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed rooting tool from the above link.
- Run the rooting tool as administrator.
- Now connect your device to the computer with the help of a USB Cable. If you have drivers installed on your computer then the rooting tool will recognize your device and shows status as “Connected“.
- Now all you need to do is click on “Root” button which will begin the rooting procedure.
- Your device may reboot several times during this procedure. Don’t panic.
- After the completion of the process, you will get a “Success” message in the tool itself.
You have successfully rooted Infocus M2. Now it’s time to Install Custom Recovery on it. Follow below steps to install CWM recovery on your Infocus M2.
Procedure to Install CWM Recovery on Infocus M2
First you need to install a custom recovery on your device inorder to root your device. Follow below steps to flash CWM Recovery on Infocus M2.
- Make sure that you have read prerequisites and downloaded the necessary files onto your machine.
- Extract the ADB & Fastboot drivers somewhere on your desktop.
- Rename the CWM Recovery Image ==> “recovery.img” and transfer it to the extracted folder.
- Now turn off your device completely and boot it into the fastboot mode. To do this you can press volume down + Power button and release them upon seeing the logo on the screen.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of a USB Cable.
- Now go to the extracted folder and press “Shift + Right Click” and select “Open Command window here“.
- Now type in the following commands
- fastboot devices (It will show up your device name if it is properly connected).
- ADB reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img
- fastboot boot ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img
- It will take a while for the procedure to complete.
- After the completion of the process, you can type in “fastboot reboot” and hit enter.
You have successfully rooted Infocus M2 by following our guide on “How to Root Infocus M2 & Install CWM Recovery“. If you are having any queries do drop them below via comments. Do share the article if it helped you.