Lenovo A6000 is making a lot of buzz nowadays. Lenovo announced A6000 back in Jan 2015 with amazing specifications with an attractive price tag. The device sports a 5″ IPS touchscreen display. Under the hood, it is powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor coupled with 1 GB Ram. The device runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat and entitled for all future updates. If you own a Lenovo A6000 and searching for a guide to root it, do follow this guide on “How to Root Lenovo A6000 & Install CWM Recovery”.
Warning : The Geek Daily is not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. All guides available on the site are for educational purposes only. Rooting voids warranty. Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites Root Lenovo A6000
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Lenovo A6000. Don’t try this guide on other Lenovo devices which might brick them.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
Downloads to Root Lenovo A6000
After checking the prerequisites, you need to download few files to root Lenovo A6000. Do check and download them.
Procedure to Install CWM Recovery on Lenovo A6000
First you need to install a custom recovery on your device in order to root your device. Follow below steps to flash CWM Recovery on Lenovo A6000.
- Make sure that you have read prerequisites and downloaded the necessary files onto your machine.
- Extract the ADB & Fastboot drivers somewhere on your desktop.
- Rename the CWM Recovery Image ==> “recovery.img” and transfer it to the extracted folder.
- Now turn off your device completely and boot it into the fastboot mode. To do this you can press volume down + Power button and release them upon seeing the logo on the screen.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of a USB Cable.
- Now go to the extracted folder and press “Shift + Right Click” and select “Open Command window here“.
- Now type in the following commands
- fastboot devices (It will show up your device name if it is properly connected).
- Next type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter.
- It will take a while for the procedure to complete.
- After the completion of the process, you can type in “fastboot reboot” and hit enter.
That’s it you have successfully installed CWM Recovery on Lenovo A6000 and just a step away to root Lenovo A6000.
Procedure to Root Lenovo A6000
- Make sure that your device has a custom recovery installed and you have downloaded SuperSu.Zip from above links.
- Now transfer the downloaded “SuperSu.zip” to your device’s SD Card.
- Next you need to boot your device into recovery mode for that you need to turn off your device and press “Power + Volume Up” simultaneously.
- Now your device boots into CWM Recovery Screen.
- Select “Install Zip from SD Card” and select SuperSu.Zip.
- Flashing may take a while be patient.
- After successful flashing of SuperSu.Zip, Select Reboot from the recovery screen.
You have successfully rooted Lenovo A6000 by following our guide on “How to Root Lenovo A6000 and Install CWM Recovery“. If you are having any queries please drop them below via comments. Do share the article if it helped you.