With the release of the Ice Cream Sandwich update almost all smartphone users want to upgrade their devices to this latest version of Android. However in order to be able to upgrade your Optimus 3D smartphone to ICS, you need to root it first otherwise you won’t be able to install the update. Here’s a simple tutorial which shows how you can root your Optimus 3D P920 smartphone.
However you should be aware of the fact that rooting your device will void the warranty, so it’s up to your whether you want to root it or not.
Before rooting your phone, please ensure that it has at least 70% battery before rooting so that it doesn’t switch off in the rooting process. Also you should backup all your data so that in case anything goes wrong, you will be able to restore your data.
Steps for Rooting Optimus 3D
Now that you know all the pre-requisites before rooting your device, here are the instructions to root your Optimus 3D P920 smartphone:
1. Download the SuperOneClick app via this link and install it on your computer.
2. Enable the USB debugging in your phone by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
3. Now connect your device to the PC via the USB cable.
4. Run SuperOneClick on your PC as administrator and click on the Root button at the top-left of your screen.
5. The rooting process will start and will be completed in a few minutes, following which you will get a message informing you that your device has been rooted.