Motorola was on a spree with back to back devices released into the market. Motorola tried their hands on budget smartphones market and released Moto E with a price factor which can attract many users and got succeeded with the move. Many users bought the device and enjoyed it though they are complaining about few minor issues which can be fixed by workarounds. After release of Moto E developers started working on rooting Moto E and flashing custom recovery on the device and got succeeded in it. So if you are the one looking for a guide to Root Moto E then you are at the right place. By following this guide you can your Root Moto E with ease.
Rooting your device opens the gates to the customization. You can flash several Custom Roms available out there and several customization tweaks like Xposed Framework. Rooting your device voids warranty. You can get back warranty on your device by unrooting your device. This guide includes steps to Root Moto E which include unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting the device. However we at TheGeekDaily are not responsible for your bricked devices and damaged SD Cards, This guide is for educational purposes only.
Downloads required to Root Moto E:-
Prerequisites to Root Moto E:-
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Moto E.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. If you don’t know how, then navigate to Settings ==> About Phone and tap build number 7 times which will activate developer options on your device. You get Developer Options above the build number from which you can activate USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have charged your device atleast 69%
- Backup data on your device as you may loss the data stored on your device during the process.
- Download the necessary files from above links.
- Extract Fastboot folder anywhere on your desktop. Rename the recovery image you downloaded from above to recovery.img and copy to the extracted fastboot folder.
Unlock Bootloader of Moto E:-
You can unlock the device’s bootloader by following the official guide by Motorola Here. You need to unlock bootloader to install custom recovery on your device and to root it. It is impossible to root the device without unlocking the bootloader of the device. unlocking Bootloader erases the data stored on your device. So after unlocking the bootloader of the device you can follow the below procedure to Root Moto E. Make sure that you don’t skip even a single step mentioned below.
Procedure to Root Moto E:-
- Copy the super su zip file to your device’s internal memory.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of an usb cable.
- Now navigate to the Fastboot folder and Click Shift + Right Click and select Open Command Prompt Here.
- Now on the command Prompt Type the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- It will take a few seconds to complete the process after successful completion. Punch in the below command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now you should be in Fastboot menu screen you can use volume keys to navigate and Select Recovery with the help of power button. Now you will be presented with a screen like the below one.
- Next select Install ==> Flash from SD Card and next select the Super Su.Zip you copied earlier. After successful flashing reboot the device and Enjoy root on your device.
Hope this guide on “How to Root Moto E” helped you to root the device. If you are stuck at any step do leave a comment below so that we can help you resolve the issue.