Nokia launched their first ever Android smartphone this year at MWC 2014. However, it took longer time to make them understand the power and value of Android OS in market. Just after the deal of Nokia with Microsoft rumors started spreading out regarding the device.
Nokia first revealed the three devices in its Nokia X series i.e. Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. However, recently Microsoft at their event launched the next upgraded version of Nokia X i.e. Nokia X2.The device runs on software version 2.0 by Nokia which is built on top of Android OS.Since, the device runs on Android but it doesn’t come with any support or services from Google. But, developers have managed to root the device and install the services and apps manually. So in this guide we are going to learn how to install Google play services and Play store in Nokia X2. This method also works for the Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL.
- 80% charged battery.
- USB debugging should be enabled, Go to settings then developer options.
- In security settings check for ‘allow from unknown sources’.
- Make a complete backup of data.
Download these files
- Framaroot 1.9.1
- Nokia X-Gapps
- Root Explorer
Steps for rooting the device.
- First download the Frameroot from the above link and install it in the device. Remember to tick install from unknown sources.
- After installation, open the app and it will show several options. Just click on Install Su which means it will be installing Superuser in the device. After this just click on ‘Gandalf’
- Now you will see a prompt message with ‘superuser and su binary installed’. Then it will ask for reboot click on that and the device will take a long reboot.
- After the reboot you will see that the device will have the root access. You can check this by installing any root verify app from playstore.
How to install Google Play series on Nokia X2?
- First you need to download Nokia gapps package. For installing the Gapps working with forked version of Android.
- After this install Root explorer from the above mentioned link.
- After the installation open it and it will ask for root access, grant that!
- Now copy downloaded Apk files to /System/App this destination.
- Change the file permissions like this:
- Save settings as shown in the above picture.
- Now reboot and you will see playstore installed on your device with rest of Google services. You can install any apps from Google Playstore.
This tutorial is only for experimental purposes and TheGeekDaily or the author is not liable of any damage caused to your device while following the above mentioned steps. If you are facing any problems do let us know in comments. We are ready to help you.