Bell Nitro HD back in news. Yes the LG smartphone has got a root recently when an XDA developer “-ReaL-” came up with instructions for an Android Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.0.4 firmware update with version V20E. It has been rolled out officially and for all those who have got his update now can root Bell Nitro HD.
Follow up the below steps to root your Bell Nitro HD running Android 4.0.4 firmware Version v20e.
Below mentioned steps are strictly for Bell Nitro HD running Android 4.0.4 firmware Version v20e. Steps mentioned should not be applied on any other variant of phone. Proceed at your own risk, false rooting steps can brick your phone. We do not hold any responsibility for any damage.
How to ROOT Official Bell Nitro HD Android 4.0.4 firmware Version v20e
- Do you have USB drivers for Bell Nitro HD installed on your PC, if yes, stop here. If not proceed…Visit the LG website and download the concerned drivers. Select “Software Update & Drivers” > Select “USB DRIVER for Windows” to download the USB Drivers.
Direct Download link from LG Website :-
- Now download the zip file needed to root the Bell Nitro HD.
- After downloading the above file, extract it to C:/ drive on your PC or whatever drive you are using. Name the folder as “P930_v20e_ROOT”.
- From the extracted zip file, copy the “LG_SystemBackupTest.apk file” on your phone
- Browse “Settings >Security > Enable Unknown sources” (check the box).
- Browse “Settings >Developer Options> Enable USB Debugging” (check the box).
We suppose you have a file manager installed on your phone.
- Open file manager and access the location where you have copied file “LG_SystemBackupTest.apk file” on your phone and select the file “SystemBackupTest”, tap on it to install.
- As soon as the “SystemBackupTest” is installed, open it. While app remains opened, press and hold the “Power button” on phone, select “Power off” & “Restart option” to restart the phone. As soon as your phone reboots, you’ll notice that it has become somewhat slow in processing which is normal in this process, please don’t worry about this.
- Now connect your phone to your PC.
- Now access to folder “P930_v20e_ROOT” on your PC and right-click on the file “root_P880” and run it as administrator to start the real rooting process.
- During this rooting process your phone reboots several times and after rooting finishes, this opened window closes automatically, if it doesn’t close it manually.
- Now we will install the app “SuperSU” from Google Play which will grant root access to other apps.
- Download the app and install it. Open it. When opened, it will ask you to update the “SU Binary” do update it and once the binary is updated, close the app.
- Go to “Settings > Apps” on your phone and uninstall the app “SystemBackupTest” from your phone. This app has made your phone processing slow, uninstalling it will back your speed to usual.
Once above all steps as mentioned if processed carefully, your Bell Nitro HD has been rooted successfully running Android 4.0.4 firmware Version v20e and all root-enabled apps can be accessed now. Comment if you face any issues.