Samsung Galaxy A7 is the new device under the Galaxy lineup recently. The device sports a 5.5″ Super AMOLED display. Under the hood, it is powered by 1.8 GHz Quad-Core processor coupled with 2 GB of Ram. The device runs Android 4.4 Kitkat out of the box and can be upgraded to Android Lollipop via OTA. If you bought the device recently and searching for a guide to root Samsung Galaxy A7 then you are in right place. The guide is tested and working without any issues, You too can try it without any doubts in your mind.
Most of the Samsung devices comes with TouchWiz interface which is quite buggy and even makes the flagships lag.To remove TouchWiz and to increase your device’s performance then you can try rooting your device. Rooting helps you to gain administrative privileges over the device so that you can modify the core parts of the device like UI, you can even remove built-in applications. Rooting voids warranty still you can get it back by unrooting your device which is simple. So let’s have a look at our guide on “How to Root Samsung Galaxy A7“.
Warning : The Geek Daily is not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. All guides available on the site are for educational purposes only. Rooting voids warranty. Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites to Root Samsung Galaxy A7
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Samsung Galaxy A7.Don’t try this guide on other Samsung Galaxy devices which might brick them.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
Necessary Downloads to Root Samsung Galaxy A7
- Download Odin
- Depending on your device model, download the rooting kit from below links.
Make sure that you have read the prerequisites and downloaded the necessary files from above links before proceeding further to “Root Samsung Galaxy A7“.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy A7
- Extract “Odin” which you downloaded from above links on your desktop and run the program as administrator.
- Extract the rooting kit on your desktop.
- Now turn off your device and boot it into download mode. To do this follow below steps
- Press “Vol Down + Power + Home” keys simultaneously and release after seeing Samsung logo.
- Now your device will be in download mode.
- Connect your device to the computer.
- If you have drivers installed on your computer, then Odin will show the device status as connected in the Odin window.
- Now follow the below steps carefully without skipping any which might brick your device.
- Click “PDA” button in Odin and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted rooting folder.
- Enable “Auto Reboot” & “F.Reset Time” if they are not enabled.
- Now click on “Start” to begin the flashing process.
- After the successful flash, you will get “PASS” message in the window.
- Now your device will be rebooted automatically.
- You can close the Odin window as the rooting process is completed.
You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy A7 by following this guide. You can confirm the same by downloading “Root Checker” android application which will verify the root access on your device. If you are stuck at any step do comment below so that we can help you out. Do share the guide over social networks.