Samsung is releasing a number of smartphones nowadays and Samsung Galaxy E7 is one of them. Samsung Galaxy E7 sports a 5.5″ Super AMOLED touchscreen with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with a ~267 ppi. Under the hood, the device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chipset clocked at 1.2 GHz coupled with 2 GB of Ram. If you own the device and searching for a guide to root Samsung Galaxy E7, then your search ends right here.
Rooting your device helps you flash custom ROMs and tweaks to enhance your device performance. The device runs Android 4.4 Kitkat and you can update the device to Android Lollipop with the help of custom ROMs. All you need to do is root your device. Rooting voids warranty and you can get it back by unrooting the device. Let’s dive into our article to root your device.
Warning : The Geek Daily is not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. All guides available on the site are for educational purposes only.Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites to Root Samsung Galaxy E7
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Samsung Galaxy E7.Don’t try this guide on other Samsung Galaxy E series devices which might brick them.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
Necessary Downloads to Root Samsung Galaxy E7
- Download Odin
- Depending on your device model, download the rooting kit from below links.
Make sure that you have read the prerequisites and downloaded the necessary files from above links before proceeding further to “Root Samsung Galaxy E7“.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy E7
- Extract “Odin” which you downloaded from above links on your desktop and run as administrator.
- Extract the rooting kit on your desktop.
- Now turn off your device and boot it into download mode. To do this follow below steps
- Press “Vol Down + Power + Home” keys simultaneously and release after seeing Samsung logo.
- Now your device will be in download mode.
- Connect your device to the computer.
- If you have drivers installed on your computer, then Odin will show the device status as connected in the Odin window.
- Now follow the below steps carefully without skipping any which might brick your device.
- Click “PDA” button in Odin and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted rooting folder.
- Enable “Auto Reboot” & “F.Reset Time” if they are not enabled.
- Now click on “Start” to begin the flashing process.
- After the successful flash, you will get “PASS” message in the window.
- Now your device will be rebooted automatically.
- You can close the Odin window as the rooting process is completed.
You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy E7 by following this guide on “How to Root Samsung Galaxy E7“. You can confirm the same by downloading “Root Checker” android application which will verify the root access on your device. If you are stuck at any step do comment below so that we can help you out. Do share the guide with your friends.