Sony released an updated version of Sony Xperia Z2 named as Sony Xperia Z3 which comes with an upgraded design as well as version. The device has created a lot of buzz especially the under water unboxing videos which attracted a lot of attention. The device has got a full developer support and the developers at XDA finally cracked their way to root Sony Xperia Z3 which is working flawlessly. It has been tested by the developers and they declared that the procedure is safe and you can try it on your device. So if you are looking forward to root your device then you can follow our guide on “How to Root Sony Xperia Z3“
Rooting opens the doors to the customization of your device and you can do many more things on a rooted device when compared with non-rooted devices. As the developers rooted the device just a few days back you can expect famous AOSP Roms get ported for the device in no time so that you can try them out after rooting the device. Rooting voids your warranty. You can get the warranty back by unrooting the device. However we at TheGeekDaily are not responsible for your bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. This guide is for educational purposes only.
Prerequisites to Root Sony Xperia Z3
- Make sure that your device is Sony Xperia Z3 D6653/D6603/D663 which is bootloader unlocked. To unlock bootloader of your device click Here.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have charged your device atleast 75%.
- Make sure that you backup all important data on your device as you may loss the data stored on your device.
- If your device model is D6653/D6603 download this kernel file.
- If your device model is D663 then download this Kernel File.
- Download Fastboot files from Here.
- Download latest Super Su.zip file from Here.
Download the necessary files on your computer and follow the below procedure to root your device.
Procedure to Root Sony Xperia Z3
- Extract the fastboot.zip anywhere on your desktop.
- copy the kernel image to the extracted Fastboot folder.
- Copy the Super Su.zip file to the root of your internal storage.
- Now boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing Power button + Volume Up Button hold them both and connect USB Cable. If you did this thing right you will get Blue LED indicator on your device.
- Now navigate to the extracted fastboot folder and Click Shift + Right Click and select Open cmd prompt here.
- You will get command prompt window on your screen.
- Type in the following command “fastboot flash boot bootz3monxtest01.img“
- After successful flashing of the boot image. Boot into recovery mode by press Vol Up/Vol Down key repetitively until you are in recovery mode.
- Next from recovery select Install Zip from SD Card and Select the Super SU file you have copied earlier.
- That’s it you have rooted your device.
Hope this guide helped you to root Sony Xperia Z3. Do leave your comments below if you are stuck at any step during the process so that we can help you out.