Samsung Galaxy S2 is great smartphone with descent specifications and rooting your smartphone will take it to another level and provide you with a bunch of options. So in this tutorial I will guide you on rooting your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. Please remember that we are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. Do it at your own risk.
Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone which you can access from the settings menu.
Its recommended that you should have a full charge at the time of starting the rooting process.
Rooting will void your warranty.
Download the Softwares Below
- Samsung kie
- Root package
- Install the Samsung kie ( 2nd Software in the list)
- Extract the root package in a new folder you downloaded and place it in a folder. (3rd package in the list)
- Start Odin and run it. (1st software in the list)
- First turn off your Galaxy S2 and then go to recovery mode (stock) of the device by pressing the volume key up ,power and home key.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable, you will notice odin and top first handle will become yellow.
- Click on the pda and select “CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_LP7-v5.4-CWM5.tar” in the root package you extracted.
- Now we are almost done click the pass button and after that mobile will restart then you will unplug it from the pc and tada! You have rooted your phone.
If you are still unsure about the rooting process, go to Google Play Store and download root checker to check if the rooting process was successful.