Xiaomi is on a spree of releasing high end devices which are priced at a pocket friendly price everyone can afford. Xiaomi has released Xiaomi Mi 4 after the huge success of Xiaomi Mi 3 which caused a lot of buzz in India in recent times. Xiaomi is making plans to release Mi 4 anytime soon in India. Many people skipped Mi 3 and waiting eagerly for the release of Xiaomi Mi 4 in India. As you can notice that Xiaomi devices comes with MIUI Rom which is a themed version of android. There are many disadvantages like Low Ram, Bloatware etc which you can resolve by rooting your Xiaomi MI 4. The device is available in other parts of the world. So if you got a Xiaomi Mi 4 and searching for a guide to root Xiaomi Mi 4 then this guide on “How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4” will help you out.
Rooting voids warranty in almost all cases but your warranty will stay intact with Xiaomi Mi 4. The company itself allows users to test Beta releases of the firmware which is pre-rooted. So incase if you are worrying about warranty you don’t need to worry anymore as it is official to root a Xiaomi Device. You can flash AOSP Roms, flash tweaks and can do many more things by rooting your device. However we at TheGeekDaily are not responsible for your bricked devices and damaged SD Cards, This guide is for educational purposes only.
Prerequisites to Root Xiaomi Mi 4
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on a Xiaomi Mi 4.
- Make sure that you have charged your device atleast 70-80%
- Backup all important data on your device as you may loss the data stored on your device during the process.
- Download the Developer Rom from Here.
That’s it after checking our Prerequisites and Downloading the necessary files follow the below procedure to root your device.
Procedure to Root Xiaomi Mi 4
- Download the Developer Rom from the above link onto your desktop and rename it as “Update.zip“
- Next navigate to the updater app located on your device.
- In the application click on menu and select “Reboot to Recovery Mode“.
- Now you should be in recovery screen and You may notice that the touch screen isn’t working don’t panic you can use volume rockers to navigate the menu.
- Select your preferred language(English in our case)
- Now select Install Zip to system one and select the update file.
- After successful installation reboot your device.
You have successfully rooted Xiaomi Mi 4 to confirm whether your device is rooted or not you can navigate to “Settings > Permissions > Root Permission“. You can also check using Root Checker application which is available in Play Store. Hope this guide on “How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4” helped you to root the device. If you got stuck at any part of the guide do let us know via comments so that we can help you out.