Xiaomi recently released Xiaomi Mi 4i which created a lot of buzz in the Indian smartphone market. Many users gave positive feedback about the device and it also managed to get good ratings from the reviewers. We are getting a lot of queries to post a guide on “How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i“. Many users got their hands on the device during the flash sales but couldn’t root the device as there are no proper guides over the internet. So we decided to write a guide which will help you to root Xiaomi Mi 4i.
The device is announced back in April 2015 with killer specifications which attracted a larger user base. The device sports a 5 ” IPS LCD touchscreen. Under the hood, the device packs a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor coupled with 2 GB Ram. The device runs on latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and it is entitled to all future updates like Android M.
Although the device is tweaked to deliver good performance and you can tweak it further by rooting Xiaomi Mi 4i. Rooting allows you to get administrative access over the device which will help you flash Custom Roms like CyanogenMod or tweaks to enhance device performance and lot more. So let’s dive into our guide on “How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i running Android Lollipop“.
Prerequisites to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Xiaomi Mi 4i not on Xiaomi Mi 4 which may brick it.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
- Download Xiaomi Mi 4i Rooting kit.
After checking the prerequisites, you can proceed further to root Xiaomi Mi 4i.
Procedure to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Make sure that you have checked the prerequisites and downloaded the necessary applications to root your Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- Now extract the rooting kit anywhere on your computer.
- Next connect your Xiaomi Mi 4i to a computer with the help of USB Cable and this may take few seconds for the computer to recognize the device.
- Now head over to the extracted folder and run a file named “rec” as administrator.
- You will be presented with a window like the below one.
- The content in the window will be in Chinese so follow the instructions carefully.
- Now you need to type “1” and press Enter. Now you will get a dialog box on your device for “USB Debugging”, Click on Yes.
- Now your device will be booted into fastboot mode and after few minutes your device will be rebooted normally.
- You will get a “Root Successful” message in command prompt.
- You can download “Root Checker” application from play store to check whether you have root access on Xiaomi Mi 4i or not.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted Xiaomi Mi 4i by following our detailed guide on How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i running Android Lollipop. In case if you are having any trouble, do comment below so that we can help you fix the issue. Do share the article if you liked it.