At the moment, Smartphone market is flooded with a lot of manufacturers and they are releasing a new model now and then. ZTE too joins the list after Xiaomi and other Chinese companies. Recently ZTE released Nubia Z9 Mini which is a killer deal for the price and specifications. Many users who bought the device are quite happy with it. But what’s the point in using a non-rooted device when you can root and enjoy a lot of things. If you are looking for a guide to root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini then you are at the right place.
ZTE announced Nubia Z9 Mini back in March 2015. The device sports a 5″ Full HD Display which delivers stunning images. The device is powered by a Snapdragon 615 processor coupled with 2 GB of Ram and 16 GB of Rom which can be expanded up to 128 GB with the help of an SD Card. The device sports a 16 MP rear and 8 MP front for camera buffs and selfie lovers.
The device is rootable and can be rooted easily. You can do a lot of amazing stuff and can push the device to its limits after rooting the device. Rooting helps you to get administrative access over the device so that you can flash custom ROMs or even you can install Xposed framework so that you can add a lot of features to your stock ROM itself.
Warning : The Geek Daily is not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. All guides available on the site are for educational purposes only. Rooting voids warranty. Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites to Root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini running Android Lollipop
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini. Don’t try this guide on other ZTE devices which might brick them.
- Make sure that you perform a backup of all important data on your device as you may lose the data during the procedure.
- Make sure that you have drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 85% of battery remaining on your device.
- Download ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini root kit.
If you have read the prerequisites and downloaded the necessary tools to root your ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini then you can proceed further to root your device.
Procedure to Root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Android Lollipop
- Download root kit from the above link and extract it on your desktop.
- Now open the extracted folder and run a file named “r-o-o-t.bat” as administrator.
- It will open a command window. Now connect your device to the computer with the help of a USB Cable.
- Press either “1” or “2” and wait for a second or two. After getting “Waiting for Devices“, do the following
- Turn off your device completely.
- Now press Vol Down + Power which will take you to boot menu.
- Next in boot menu select reboot to begin the rooting of your device.
- Your device will be rebooted several times during the procedure don’t panic.
That’s it you have successfully rooted ZTE Nubia Z9 mini by following our guide on “How to Root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini“. You can check whether your device is rooted or not by downloading “Root Checker” application from play store which will verify the root access.
If you are having trouble at any step during the procedure comment down so that we can help you with the right solution. Do share the article if it helped you.