GoPro has dominated the action based cameras for adventure sports since quite a bit of time now. And the success does not only lie in the solid built quality they offer along with their cameras, but also the software updates and the interface changes along with gethandy and productive features it has. GoPro has been testing some of the features since some time now, and one finally rolls out.
As the title suggests, you won’t need to connect the camera to a Computer or Desktop to share your videos, it can now be done straight from the device. The update has been rolled out for the apps on both the platforms, which is iOS and Android. So before you begin with the procedure, make sure that you have already updated your app from the App Store or the Play Store.
How to Share Videos Without Connecting the Camera to a Desktop
The process is really simple, and if you haven’t figured it out yet, then follow the instructions below, and you’ll be good.
- After installing the app on your smartphone, you will need to head to http://gopro.com/getstarted and make sure you have the latest version of the software installed on your GoPro camera.
- Now launch the GoPro app on your camera and click on the “Connect Your Camera” option.
- Now click on your device from the list of devices available, if there are any other than yours.
- Now head to the gallery of videos to select the video you would like to edit or crop.
- Tap on the Scissors, and options to trim the clip into 5, 15 or 30 second clips will then show up on the screen.
- Now drag the timeline to adjust to your preferences and trim the video and tap on the Save button, and then you will have the option to share the video across various platforms.
Even if you do not want to share the trimmed clip instantly, you can pair the device once again, and when you come back you would find the video saved right there, as it is. So I guess this is really a handy option for the GoPro users to share the videos they shoot on the go, across various social media platforms. This one more feature makes the GoPro experience better than ever before, as it is they have really innovative and handy features like the view finder on the screen of your smartphone, and also basic controls of the camera that are fetched to the paired device. So I guess this post helped you out. Do comment below if you face any problems, we would be glad to help you out.